Maple Mustard Salmon Filets

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
As much as I would like to eat beef and pork all the time, I do need to have some fish in my diet. Here are some regular farm raised salmon filets that I seasoned with some maple-garlic rub, then glazed with a mix of dijon mustard and local maple syrup. The fish was smoke roasted on the Performer using Basques sugar maple lump charcoal as the fuel, with a foil smoker pouch filled with pecan pellets for a little smokey flavor.

Well done Jerome. There is actually talent to cooking fish on the grill. There are many different ways to fire it. Some fish you can really only cook one way(talapi.) Salmon and Tuna for instance you can go a 100 different routes. 99% of the time people over cook it. Your color and glaze look amazing. If you are really into fish and have access to fresh,wild caught (salt or fresh) I have two words for you my friend...Salt Block!

Planked is a great way to do salmon. Have a salt block that I haven't used yet but will probably try salmon on it. That salmon looks great.

Jerome;
Nice job all 'round!

I just got back from Costco and they had a cold case full of Copper River Salmon (supposedly the best of the best wild salmon). It looked wonderful! I bought two large filets as my oldest son and his family will be visiting next week. His wife LOVES salmon on a plank so naturally, we'll be having some Copper River Salmon. I can hardly wait.

Jerome, your pictures kind of got me "jump started" and I can hardly wait until next week. If things work out I have photos and everything...;)

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Well done Jerome. There is actually talent to cooking fish on the grill. There are many different ways to fire it. Some fish you can really only cook one way(talapi.) Salmon and Tuna for instance you can go a 100 different routes. 99% of the time people over cook it. Your color and glaze look amazing. If you are really into fish and have access to fresh,wild caught (salt or fresh) I have two words for you my friend...Salt Block!

Care to share your cooks with a Salt Block and Tilapia can be cooked in a ziplock bag with seasonings in a dishwasher.

Jerome, what is the mesh material under the salmon?
Also, what is the herb on top of the finished product. I will have to try this. Have some Costco salmon in the refridgerator.
TIA

Last edited:

Back