Looking for a small gasser

Brett_Roundy

TVWBB Fan
The are where we've moved to tends to have burn bans often, which means no wood, pellets or briquets, so i need a gasser.....usually cook for 2-4

I've pretty much made up my mind on a Q1200.....change my mind

The Q's are great. When I grill I tend to cook once, eat many. We like leftovers so I had the Q320 and loved it. 2 burners also gave a little more flexibility and also fit my 15" pizza stone which worked really well on the Q.

Totally agree with Joe, the Q's are great. I won't try to talk you out of one but I do think the 1200 is a little small, even for just two to four people.

We have the same thing here, fortunately we have a NG bib on the patio so I picked up a NG E320 three burner for next to nothing about five years ago .It's big enough to use as an oven in the summer to keep the heat out of the house, it's our go to grill for quick cooks and no tanks to fill. The down side it's a big grill but we have the room.
The Q's are great but like said above the 1200 are pretty small I had one and sold it because of that.

I pretty much agree with the above. I have a regular Genesis 3 burner, but I cook most often on my Q200. It is my wife and I along with my daughter and son-in-law that eats with us pretty regular. I can usually cook for all 4 of us just fine on the Q200, but the bigger Genesis is necessary for some larger cooks and specialty cooks.
If you have to have just one gas grill. I say go with the Q3xx. You can easily cook for 4 or even 6 on there and it has two burners which allows you much more flexibility in the type of cooking you do. The Q grills are all very efficient fuel wise too.

I’ve been very happy with the Traveler. compared to the Q1200 and Q2200 it’s bigger than both. Compared to the 3xxx, I’m not sure on size, but the 3xxx has 2 burners, so that would be an advantage to the Q, but the Traveler is a lot more portable than a Q3xxx if that’s a desire.

Brett, if you don’t need the portability, then the Q320/3200 is the answer. The two burners allow for easier indirect cooks and if you do need the grate space you have it and the patio stand is more stable. As I have said before on here, if I could only own one grill it would be my Q3200.

In addition to the Q and the Traveler, an old Silver A (if you can find one in good shape on CL or FBM) is a very nice option for a small gasser. Two burners that run east/west and the classic Weber look. I really like the A's with the full basket/shelf on the bottom and the flip up table. A lot of functionality in a small footprint.

If this is going to sit on a deck and there's not a need for portability, the Silver A cart is nice and solid.

If you go with the Q, think about whether to get some kind of grill table instead of the Q cart. Royal Gourmet and Keter have some nice tables that others on here have used.

Last edited:
I sure wouldn't try to talk you out of a Q1200! It would probably be adequate for most of what you need. I do think you would like a 2200 even better. That's my personal favorite, but I also love the large 3000 series. If this is a deck grill only, then I would say keep an eye out for a good used 3000/3200. You would be set for almost any cook and have the flexibility of two burners. But, if you have some interest in also taking your grill to a picnic or on a trip, the 2000/2200 is a great compromise. Get a nice stand for it, and you have the best of both worlds.

If size matters. The Q 3000 series is a big grill. About the same size as a Spirit or newer Genesis 3 burner

The Q 2000 is portable which is nice. Not a lot of money so you could get a second grill in the future

I sure wouldn't try to talk you out of a Q1200! It would probably be adequate for most of what you need. I do think you would like a 2200 even better. That's my personal favorite, but I also love the large 3000 series. If this is a deck grill only, then I would say keep an eye out for a good used 3000/3200. You would be set for almost any cook and have the flexibility of two burners. But, if you have some interest in also taking your grill to a picnic or on a trip, the 2000/2200 is a great compromise. Get a nice stand for it, and you have the best of both worlds.
I will add to Jon’s post favouring the Q220/2200. If you want the portability it is the way to go for the extra space over the Q120/1200. They did make a heavier patio stand like the Q320/3200 for it but it is no longer in production. They do show up on CL or FBMP. I just got one last month for $50 NIB and they were $129 here in Canada. This is a Q220 on the patio stand.62E27D53-090B-41DA-94C8-52C912D193E6.jpeg

Thanks for the input! I have a redhead Q1200 on its way.....it's just the size I was looking for and everybody seems to like the Qs overall

Love my Q-320 it’s been a great grill. That being said the Q-2200 at Costco with stand and adapter hose is a heck of a deal. They have them in black this year.

Back