Loberstersaurus

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Shop Rite had a whole pallet of fresh Maine Lobster come in this morning and had these giants at $5 a Lbs. Grabbed two for me and the CEO.

DSC01056_zpsu5qtfwvp.jpg

The basting and table sauce, butter, Tarragon, garlic and lemon zest

DSC01050_zps05rdffrb.jpg

DSC01054_zpscnsftueo.jpg

Par-boiled in salted water for five minutes

DSC01057_zpsdwjcae1b.jpg

All ready for the grill, split open cleaned out, claws cracked and basted

DSC01058_zpskhvla0na.jpg

Meat side on the fire for about a minute and a half to give the meat a slight char, then indirect for about 15 minutes. Claws toward the heat as they take longer to cook

DSC01059_zpstua5rps7.jpg

A little Stella tonight

DSC01061_zpsl9wofmxv.jpg

TV Dinner tonight

DSC01067_zpsy6oxwp1p.jpg

Your plate, enjoy

DSC01065_zps7vij71rj.jpg

All the legs shells and juice from when they were opened in the stock pot with 1/4 of the par-boil water for a few hours for the rich stock and a nice soup down the road

DSC01069_zpsgqblwtta.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Bill! That is fantastic. Looks so good. Like your TV Dinner set up. When I did our lobster a couple of weeks ago, I paid over $20/lb. for two frozen tails, about 11 oz. each!

You sir, do it right!

And to finish them on the grill.... you've got some confidence. I just feel like I'd mess something up.

Looks incredible. Good call on the stock. Really making the most out of your ingredients.

And $5/lb is a steal!! At least in these parts!

The benefits of that Nor'easter, plenty of good Lobster. Another nice job Bill (nice?? great!!) Shop Rite, Wegmans, and living in the Northeast, sometimes I miss it, I think.
Thanks for the post

Dave

Good thing the lobster in front has a rubber band on its gigantic claw...I'd hate to get pinched by that guy. Another masterfully prepared meal, Bill!

There goes Bill - raisin' the bar again. Awesome looking cook Bill - solid bullseye on those lobsters dude!

Regards,

John

Back