Little Free Library's

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Anyone else here a LFL steward? Four years ago we installed one at our house. It gets a lot of use. There are four other (non-registered) in our neighborhood.

My oldest son and I recently installed one for my mom at her house. My son designed it. The roof was a pain!

Here's a link to the library finder page. Keep in mind this only ones that are registered. There are many that just put them up..

Here's our LFL charter # 38696 (needs some touch up paint). We have geocache attached to ours too.

50319397148_e1d8589848_c.jpg

Has an epoxy rock roof

27344411053_2766f90cd2_c.jpg

Built to withstand large snowloads!

30904100154_106594e3e9_c.jpg

31893075500_8554dcbd97_c.jpg

Here's the one we just installed for my mom charter # 108396. In the last 4 years since we installed ours there have been 69,700 added world wide!

50320244822_808ccc959c_c.jpg

50320245497_c15c7034db_c.jpg

50320244097_6baf322417_c.jpg

Last edited:
Those are really cool! I noticed 2 of those pop up in my neighborhood and they both look like they get quite a bit of use. Very cool roof on the first one.

Those are really cool! I noticed 2 of those pop up in my neighborhood and they both look like they get quite a bit of use. Very cool roof on the first one.

Thank you! That roof was a joint collaboration between my wife and I. She had a bunch of leftover terrarium rock and I had a bunch of epoxy from building boats. Match made in heaven, lol!

Really cool Case.
The first one I saw was in Manhattan Beach Ca. a few years ago, I had to turn around to figure out what it actually was.

There's one outside our kids' elementary school. I'll have to ask, but I imagine our HOA would frown upon one of those in our front yard. Maybe we could put a community LFL in one of the common areas. Nice work, Case!

The first one in our city was controversial, believe it or not. (Reading! Free books! Outrageous!) The city enacted a ridiculous ordinance that regulated and licensed them, but after national ridicule in the press they wised up and backed off.

Now I see LFL's often, and I have never heard of one being a problem.

It is ridiculous how so many people overreact and lose their mind about anything new or different. Calm down.

There's one outside our kids' elementary school. I'll have to ask, but I imagine our HOA would frown upon one of those in our front yard. Maybe we could put a community LFL in one of the common areas. Nice work, Case!

min my line of work I deal with HOAs all day long and most here do not allow them. They have however as you suggest allowed them in areas that are common. One even has them where the mailbox clusters are.I don’t live in a HOA, and never will. Having to deal with the crap all day longat work is enough for me.

The first one in our city was controversial, believe it or not. (Reading! Free books! Outrageous!) The city enacted a ridiculous ordinance that regulated and licensed them, but after national ridicule in the press they wised up and backed off.

Now I see LFL's often, and I have never heard of one being a problem.

It is ridiculous how so many people overreact and lose their mind about anything new or different. Calm down.
Yep there’s been a few communities that have had issues with them, but then find out they are great for the community.

I think they are beneficial. Ours is used daily. We have lots of people in our hood that walk dogs, kids, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks, Case!

I looked up my town on the map and it's well-represented, which is a good thing. There's one down the road from me that's not on the map, so maybe I'll leave a note about the LFL website.

A long time friend of mine over in southern MI made up a few LFLs as part of a Lion's Club project. They seem to have been well received.

Back