Lily's First Comunion party. Spinning Turkey and a smoking ham.

Mike Isaacson

TVWBB Fan
A couple of days ago I asked about brining a turkey that I later found out was a enhanced turkey, with very helpfull suggestions I was able to brine the bird but went with a shorter time (6 hours) in a ice chest (again thank you). Trussesd it up seasoned with herb butter compound under the skin, and rubbed with webbers bear can chicken ( I know turkey/chicken. their both birds right.) Went on the spit for about 3 hours and pulled at 165 breast and 180 thigh.
This was a 14lb turkey.

More and more people started to show up so I also threw a 5.5lb ready to cook ham on the smoker, I fought with the temp a little but was able to get it to 325lb. Smoked with apple wood to about 150lb. and then let it rest to to finish the cook... I found a recipe for a crushed pinapple and honey glaze. This ham was a home run (I love pork).

Lily all dressed up ready to go to Sat. night Mass and take part in her First Comunion.... Thanks for looking.
Mike.

Lily is a doll congrats on her first communion! Those are some fantastic cook, the Turkey the Ham is off the chart! Great cooks!!!

Congrats to Lily on her first communion. Was wondering what you were going to do with that bird from your other thread, how did it turn out?

Mike you did real good buddy!! Ham and turkey looks super good..nice color and I bet it tasted even better!! That little Lillie sure is a cutie pie!! You have your hands full dude!!

Super post!!

Very nice! I was at my niece Madelyn's 1st communion yesterday. Her sister's name? Lily. :)

Mike;
Great job with the smoke, the beautiful girl (she could be the poster girl for First Communion), and the photos.

Mouthwatering for sure!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back