Kirkland Signature Professional Briquets

Don Hilliard

TVWBB Fan
Maybe I'm just a bad searcher, but I have not found a thread about this charcoal. Has anyone used it and if so what did you like or dislike about it? It kind of looks like Royal Oak Super Size Briquets. Price is $18 for 2-20 lb bags.
Royal oak Super Size

It would appear as up here in no man's land we cannot get and type of charcoal at all at Costco.
I tried a few key search words with no results.

1691581705248.png

It would appear as up here in no man's land we cannot get and type of charcoal at all at Costco.
I tried a few key search words with no results.

View attachment 76532
Not sure about other places, but my Costco has had the Kingsford on sale in the store but not shown on the website.

I am going to check and see if the Kirkland charcoal is available by me.

Nothing on the website either.

Just this…hmmm

IMG_6549.jpeg

The Costco app is not reflective of all of costcos inventory. Also the app has non store items at times. Referred to as online only items.

You’ll need to check the physical store. I will, hopefully this week. To see if we have it here.

Sounds good Brett.....I order some things online due to convenience, and one would assume with online you would be able to obtain more items than what your selected store has in stock......my buddy works inventory at my location.....it is insane what the turn around is.

Not sure about other places, but my Costco has had the Kingsford on sale in the store but not shown on the website.

I am going to check and see if the Kirkland charcoal is available by me.

Nothing on the website either.

Just this…hmmm

View attachment 76534

My best advice it to not bring home that BIG BLOCK kamado Joe charcoal......
I mean it could be okay but I had 2 bags and they were the same.....and by the same I mean all shiny and not good looking and pops and snaps and crackles and that's all cool if you don't like you clothes, or hair or eyeballs.

Sounds good Brett.....I order some things online due to convenience, and one would assume with online you would be able to obtain more items than what your selected store has in stock......my buddy works inventory at my location.....it is insane what the turn around is.
Oh, I get it. The Costco local to me exceeds $1mm in sales in a day during Xmas season. And that was pre pandemic. I’m sure they’re closer to $1.5+mm in a single day during Xmas season.

Costco only recently has started to push and expand their app inventory offerings. The best is yet to come from Costco. Amazon is their target, to retain and capture sales from its members they were giving up to Amazon.

At first glance it appears to be a private label of the Kingsford Professional...seems odd that "professional" is in each title.
If it is the Super Sized RO, not sure I recommend it. I used some of that last week and was not impressed. Luckily, I was only doing some boneless thighs. It smoked a lot and did not burn clean or very hot.

Oh, I get it. The Costco local to me exceeds $1mm in sales in a day during Xmas season. And that was pre pandemic. I’m sure they’re closer to $1.5+mm in a single day during Xmas season.

Costco only recently has started to push and expand their app inventory offerings. The best is yet to come from Costco. Amazon is their target, to retain and capture sales from its members they were giving up to Amazon.
I believe it.....
Our Victoria Day ( stat holiday ) is right near your Memorial day as far as the calendar goes.....
This year he we made the mistake of going on that weekend as we really just didn't know any better.
It was the biggest mistake I have made while choosing to go shopping.
Anyways, ran into my buddy there, it appeared as he was in the process of loosing his mind. We got together later on next month......I forgot the exact details on the numbers but it was insane what they did money wise each day before the Monday off work.......do people really feel like the world is ending and need to buy everything because the store is closed for one day?......
I think he said it was 1.5M or something within a couple hundred K from there.

Looks like it's Royal Oak since it's a ridge briquette. I wonder if it's similar to RO Chef Select since the bag states it's All Natural.

It’s the price is why Costco is entering the game. $39 for a 35# bag of JD which will burn longer and cleaner than those briqs.

$25 for two ash bags is expensive, IMO.

I saw it the last time I was in the store (Humble, TX) and it was $18.99 for the two pack. I stocked up on Kingsford Profession during their last sale, so I chose to keep walking at that price. They had Cowboy lump today, but I found that stuff to be terrible. My wife doesn't like the smell or resulting taste of B&B lump, so I'm back to the pricey Fogo Premium for lump cooks (Green Egg, half chickens at a cook off).

Back