Kicking off the NFL and a new back yard

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
Been planning this project for a while, about 99% done in time for Opening Day NFL.

Renovated our whole back yard, put in a patio off of our deck. Part of the plan from day 1 was that one side would be a grilling area, for the Summitt Kamado and the Performer. For now, the Performer is trapped in the garage by some consternation material (cedar outdoor shower kit). But figured some wings and football were a good way to get it christened.

Did the gardens, new fence, and sod too, but I know we all care more about the food, lol.

7122C022-3BC0-466B-8AF8-268A30B22729.jpeg

Man not only does that patio pop but the entire back yard looks great. Hope you had help that looks like a major project for one person. did you use sand for the base?

Man not only does that patio pop but the entire back yard looks great. Hope you had help that looks like a major project for one person. did you use sand for the base?

Way too big for me to do, this was a professional job, probably at least 6 guys every day for three weeks. But yes, they used sand, then RCA, then the pavers with the polymeric sand.
Here’s a before and after:
9350B397-E2F4-4C12-BA02-B9E63605B3EA.jpeg

89E2165D-33EF-4C36-A64B-8E4ECD0A459D.jpeg

Last edited:
Both the yard and wings turned out beautiful! That's nice view of the harbor, I have a relative that lives on the James Creek out in Mattituck.

Last edited:
Close - my backyard overlooks Huntington Harbor. The Sound is about a two a minute walk out my front door.
that was always a beautiful and peacful part of LI. I remeber it fondly. hopefully your team wins this year. i pray you're not a JETS fan. that would just be tough on your soul.

that was always a beautiful and peacful part of LI. I remeber it fondly. hopefully your team wins this year. i pray you're not a JETS fan. that would just be tough on your soul.

We love it here.

Niners all the way for me. My son, sadly, is a Jets fan. Tried to talk him out of it when he was young, to save him some misery.
But I told him, at least he’s young enough that he should still be around in 2069 for the 100th anniversary of their only SB win….

Back