Did a simple chicken curry dish last night -

50869678123_f2866a2b32_c.jpg

Whipped up a little curry sauce:

50870480647_77a15cb943_c.jpg

Grilled up some legs:

50869670948_1d6d342380_c.jpg

and served!

50870374936_2080b8b8dd_c.jpg

Peter, that looks fantastic!! Can you share some details on the curry sauce you "whipped up"? Looks divine!

R
Rich / Tony - super easy:
  • Red Curry paste - you can make your own, or use a can. For store bought, its hard to beat Maesri brand. One can is perfect.
  • 1/4 cup sunflower oil
  • 2.5 cups of thick coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
mix the oil and curry paste - heat it up - add the coconut milk - and then add the fish sauce - boom! that's it. If you want to make your own paste let me know and I'll send a recipe - lots a funky ingredients which, depending where you live may be hard to find. (stuff like galangal, lemongrass, those little Thai chilies ) It's fun to make your own, but its hard to beat the can for ease, and it's really good too,,,,

Rich / Tony - super easy:
  • Red Curry paste - you can make your own, or use a can. For store bought, its hard to beat Maesri brand. One can is perfect.
  • 1/4 cup sunflower oil
  • 2.5 cups of thick coconut milk
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
mix the oil and curry paste - heat it up - add the coconut milk - and then add the fish sauce - boom! that's it. If you want to make your own paste let me know and I'll send a recipe - lots a funky ingredients which, depending where you live may be hard to find. (stuff like galangal, lemongrass, those little Thai chilies ) It's fun to make your own, but its hard to beat the can for ease, and it's really good too,,,,
Thanks, Peter!

Looks great! I was just thinking about making some Khai Soi Gai, but I'm out of noodles.

Side note we just got some powdered coconut milk to try in recipes. We've gone to almost all powdered milk for using in recipes since we don't drink a lot of milk anymore. A few months back it was hard to find coconut milk at the stores so we decided to get some. This would be a goods recipe to give it a go.

Back