Kettle fried chicken

Made KFC yesterday and it came out great!

u9kER1u.jpg

lLoYre1.jpg

sGN0C40.jpg

34E9DPx.jpg

bSlmLH1.jpg

O0hOKvF.jpg

SDDVHHR.jpg

I showed this to a couple of my friends and they couldn't believe that this was done on a Weber Kettle, they thought that I picked up some fried chicken from KFC!

Last edited:
Ive got some thighs in the freezer, I think it might be time to attempt this one! Could not find any “Louisiana” but found some “Andy’s” that I will try this with.
I think I need to re read the basic method before I get too far along to correct my mental shortcomings!
Wish me luck!

Ive got some thighs in the freezer, I think it might be time to attempt this one! Could not find any “Louisiana” but found some “Andy’s” that I will try this with.
I think I need to re read the basic method before I get too far along to correct my mental shortcomings!
Wish me luck!

Andy's is what I use, but I don't make a batter, just lightly moisten the pieces, shake in a bag, place on a rack and give a light spritz of oil.

So you don’t do a “Dry,wet,dry” method?
I was thinking that I would dredge in some of the mix dry then batter and dredge again.
I like your method better, so far you’ve helped me with Canadian bacon and we shall see how this shakes out (sorry, bad pun, I’ll go stand in the corner now)
Might be a good use for some of the duck fat spray!

I tried that last time with the Andy's, it didn't turn out too well for me, maybe it has to be the LA fry mix?
Here's a thigh cook from 4 years ago, the on the grill pics have disappeared:

IMGP1045.JPG

IMGP1057.JPG

I like it! I like it a lot! Raining like a cow “moistening “ a flat rock here today, maybe for tomorrow! Thighs need to thaw anyway....

Wish me luck!

No Louisiana brand here in my area but Tarjay (Target) online has them and that's where I got my mix from. It's free shipping after $35 so I ordered 20 bags (max allowed on the website) and a $2 filler to get the free shipping so now I have a stash.

Tried it last night, interesting, I need to try it out on the rest of the family soon! I liked it, the Andy’s “mild” needs some help, I didn’t see anything labeled as “spicy” or anything so, I guess I can simply give it my own boost as I see fit.
Great starting point though.

Andy's makes a hot and spicy too, might not be available up there.
I have to stick with mild, Mrs Bob doesn't like anything hot and/or spicy.

Back