Kettle Fried Chicken on a Hot Night

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I'm starting to get a little more free time lately so I did up a cook I've wanted to do for a while, Kettle Fried Chicken. I was able to find the Louisiana Chicken Fry mix so that sealed the deal. Did some mashed potatoes and as it's been so pretty darned hot here lately I whipped up an apple slaw to cool things down. Here's a few pic's.

My set up for the chicken.

enhance

As per the bag instructions.

enhance

Got things going. It didn't take long.

enhance

Threw on a chunk of pecan, it was all I had.

enhance

enhance

My slaw. Red cabbage, celery, , scallions, large red apple, golden raisins, poppy seeds. toasted pumpkin seeds and topped with a simple vinaigrette.

enhance

Plated 'er up.

enhance

Well, this was everything it was supposed to be. Super crispy and wonderful flavor. My wife mentioned that it reminded her of a very old restaurant in Sonoma County that is noted for it's fried chicken. I swear their chicken is very close to this Louisiana Chicken Fry, but mine was better!!:) The slaw was delicious as were the potatoes, but heck, mashed potatoes are always delicious. Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for looking.

Excellant looking chicken and love that slaw, i have to say this is my favorite way to cook chicken, it comes out crispy and moist, you can add alittle heat to change things up also.
Well done Cliff.

That slaw looks pretty solid, and the chicken sounds great. I am stuffed from my dinner but could go for a bit more chicken!!

Cliff;
I intend to try that chicken, myself, and shortly! It appears to me that you have done a SUPERB job, my man!

We have used the Louisiana mix on fish and it is WAY-Y-Y beyond excellent. I have great expectations of the chicken fry along with the Vortex.

Thanks for sharing with us!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

That looks great Cliff, perfect plate and Barb is drooling over that slaw, me too and who doesn't like mashed tatters. You could put mashed potatoes on toast and it would be good.
Maybe that will inspire Mr. Correll to come up with a new McBob.:)
I would love to try that but unfortunately we can get the Louisiana fish mix but no one has the chicken. Tried the fish mix with chicken and that was pretty good.

Well... that just looks fantastic! Beautiful plate. Gotta try the chicken recipe and the salad. Mashed potatoes..... for sure!

Louisiana Chicken Fry mix chicken on the Vortex looks terrific, love the apple slaw.

Cliff that meal is outstanding, love it all. I'm all over the salad. Going to try that one.

FYI I found the Louisiana chicken fry mix on Amazon Prime for $8.49 for a 22 oz. package if you want to try it and can't find it locally.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Looks great, so great that we fixed some wings up tonight using your idea. Thanxs,

Back