Its here!

Rich Dahl

R.I.P. 7/21/2024
Yep, old man winter has arrived in the high country of Arizona. See ya all in the spring. Brrrrr!

S1035144_zpsam4jtdbr.jpg

First time Whitney has seen snow! What a hoot that was!
S1035146_zpsszjfgdh1.jpg

All warm and comfy
S1035145_zpsbuvmqvni.jpg

Last edited:
Too early!

The area in CO where my daughter and her hubby plan to build, and move to, has a forecast of as much as a foot.
It's a little NE of the Springs.

Looks good from here. And that's as close as I want to get to the white stuff.

We had our first freeze this past weekend. I actually had to turn on the heat Fri night....but Lows forecasted in the 50(s) this week.

We've had a whopping 1.48 inches of rain here, season to date. Still waiting for El Nino to ease the drought.

Well I hope it does help Cliff, but everything I'm reading says the biggest impact will be in SoCal and not much impact north of San Francisco.
It's just about 3pm here and it's 31 degrees and going to get into the mid/low 20s tonight. That's really cold for this time of the year here.
Hope my Weber's don't catch a cold out there.

Acorns are falling by the millions around here. The old timers say that an abundance of acorns is a sure sign of a colder than usual winter. El Nino will bring the southeast above average precipitation this season, so we may get clobbered with snow. Course, it melts fairy fast too unless you live in the high country.

Yes Rich your right winter is here and we love it. Was up elk hunting this last week and thought i'd share these shots that the wife took.

Here is a cow elk herd about 150 yards from the truck. In all we saw maybe 60 or more cows & spikes. Alas no big bulls this year.

Here's a spike getting his run on. great shot my wife nailed this one.

Moving up into the timber.
So all you snow haters, send your snow to SW Colorado. We love the snow. That's why we live in Colorado.
And Rich, I expect for you to keep grilling & smoking all winter long like I do. It's too much fun to miss.

Great shots Russ! I'll never forget the first time I stumbled upon a herd of elk with my grandpa & uncles on horse back (they were hunting guides & ranchers).

I got my 4x4 fixed just in time (day before yesterday).

I drove it up to Snowbird & Alta to test the 4x and look around...'cause it was snowing (they're opening this weekend) & I saw some people heading up on skis and wondered why I didn't load mine. So I went back to work for a couple hours & went up another canon to Brighton since they're most friendly to uphill skiers & took a lap.

12273582_10205296169465665_6359605948071140175_o.jpg

12273617_10205294381060956_2346814495467255088_o.jpg

Back