It's been too long

Michael Richards

TVWBB Emerald Member
It has been way too long since I made ribs and also too long since I posted a cook. Been less active here recently. Supper busy with work and family, but still cooking, just nothing new. I have been enjoying so many of your amazing cooks!

Ribs are one of my daughters favorites and she has been excited all day. Got two racks of extra meaty baby backs. Here they are before they went on.
IMG_20220918_115426.jpg

At the two hour mark, going to let them go a little bit longer before I wrap.
IMG_20220918_140119.jpg

Off to get wrapped.
IMG_20220918_142044.jpg

Coming out of the wrap.
IMG_20220918_165322.jpg

Getting that last kiss of smoke while setting the finishing sauce.
IMG_20220918_170411.jpg

Done.
IMG_20220918_171232.jpg

Cut
IMG_20220918_172330.jpg

Plated with calico beans and baked cheesy potatoes.
IMG_20220918_172734.jpg

Some of the best ribs I have cooked and a great Sunday night dinner with family. Also really enjoyed getting to post the cook.

Looking good, Michael. I was gone for a bit, too..... I'm guessing Fall soccer is taking a bit of your time, too.

Nice to have a day for some ribs!

R

Was wondering earlier today where you've been...
As I prepped some chicken thighs.
Half with Boars Night Out - recommended by you, and half with Sadaf Shwarma - recommended by Brett-EDH.
Both were very good.

Ribs look great!

Good to see you back Michael and you haven't lost your cooking skills. Great looking ribs and a happy daughter. Doesn't get any better than that.

Was wondering earlier today where you've been...
As I prepped some chicken thighs.
Half with Boars Night Out - recommended by you, and half with Sadaf Shwarma - recommended by Brett-EDH.
Both were very good.

Ribs look great!
A dash of White Lightning went into my potatoes yesterday, because why not! I got the Sadaf Shwarma, but haven’t got around to use it yet. I have to do that.

I have been addicted all summer to my daughter’s rub creation on Chicken things and wings. We can in quad. Equal parts Boars night out White lighting, Boars Night Out Midwest Dust, Kill Hog the BBQ Rub, and our own BBQ rub.

It has been way too long since I made ribs and also too long since I posted a cook. Been less active here recently. Supper busy with work and family, but still cooking, just nothing new. I have been enjoying so many of your amazing cooks!

Ribs are one of my daughters favorites and she has been excited all day. Got two racks of extra meaty baby backs. Here they are before they went on.
View attachment 59677

At the two hour mark, going to let them go a little bit longer before I wrap.
View attachment 59678

Off to get wrapped.
View attachment 59679

Coming out of the wrap.
View attachment 59703

Getting that last kiss of smoke while setting the finishing sauce.
View attachment 59704

Done.
View attachment 59705

Cut
View attachment 59706

Plated with calico beans and baked cheesy potatoes.
View attachment 59707

Some of the best ribs I have cooked and a great Sunday night dinner with family. Also really enjoyed getting to post the cook.
Looks very amazing!👍😍

I write this with a full disclaimer that COVID was extremely negative in so many way for many of people here.

Yesterday during the cook my wife said that the mixture of the charcoal, wood, and ribs smelled like 2020. We were all working and schooling from home and I was able to do longer cooks (like ribs) on Tuesdays. I had the time to cook and the love to do it. We had just bought our house and we were all together and still. It will probably never be like that again.

Every season has its time, this season of my life gives me less time to cook low and slow (long cooks), plenty of opportunities to cook all the meals that have become family favorites when they were new to us a few years ago, just less time to document my love of backyard cooking. Pizza making had been my favorite cook this summer. If I do the 8 pie Pizza Party that I am thinking of doing on Saturday I will have to take photos to post.

I write this with a full disclaimer that COVID was extremely negative in so many way for many of people here.

Yesterday during the cook my wife said that the mixture of the charcoal, wood, and ribs smelled like 2020. We were all working and schooling from home and I was able to do longer cooks (like ribs) on Tuesdays. I had the time to cook and the love to do it. We had just bought our house and we were all together and still. It will probably never be like that again.

Every season has its time, this season of my life gives me less time to cook low and slow (long cooks), plenty of opportunities to cook all the meals that have become family favorites when they were new to us a few years ago, just less time to document my love of backyard cooking. Pizza making had been my favorite cook this summer. If I do the 8 pie Pizza Party that I am thinking of doing on Saturday I will have to take photos to post.
Please do! Looking forward to seeing more from you again!

Word. It's so great to read your posts, Michael.

Back