It gets a little hard when folks get there late…

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
This project was really amazing even for being this sadly over done🤬!
Started out beautifully:
1870713C-94B7-4879-AF4A-C67E293C3115.jpeg
Flavor profile was delightful! Fresh Oregano, Fresh Thyme, garlic, ex virgin olive oil. Salt and Pepper
Just off and restingB41C2273-CD33-4C67-A82F-C8A4F57F25BF.jpeg
Sliced, with apologies to all…
4FB41B6E-F1EF-41F4-87BA-0BCB1E087663.jpeg
One was five the other was three lb.
darned little left at any rate.

The Chex mix looks excellent!;)

Did you cook 2 roasts to keep everyone happy? I did that a couple of times in the past as my dad liked his beef more well-done than everybody else, and it turned out to be a good approach.

I hope the late arrivals at least called ahead to let you know they were delayed. In this age of cellphones and Dick Tracy wrist communicators, if someone can't reach out there's a pretty good chance it's because of something serious that's going to take a back seat to the meal anyway.

One thing about rib roast is it is quite forgiving to an over cook. If done on a slow temp it actually becomes more tender. (to a point) Obviously there is a point of no return where it goes beyond "cooked" to a burnt offering with an "aroma pleasing to God" (little Old Testament humor) LOL

With my family I generally tell them to arrive at a certain time and then plan on having the food ready at least a 1/2 hour later. I learned this after having a Thanksgiving spread wait close to an hour for everyone to arrive.

UGH So aggravating isn't it! My pet peeve that I can't get seem to get around is the fact that everybody at my house sits around until the meat is done and then starts the process of getting ready to sit down. at the last dinner party, the wives were all sitting around talking, I asked like 3 times "are we ready" and got a "yes" each time. Seared the meat off, brought it in. Everybody said they were ready for me to carve. I carved it and only THEN did they start assembling plates for the toddlers, none of whom were going to eat the roast. then it was "oh, let's fill a water pitcher". I was so pissed and we all ate cold prime rib

OP, your rib roast looks like it was well executed, which is all YOU can do! Good crust and looks juicy!

With my family I generally tell them to arrive at a certain time and then plan on having the food ready at least a 1/2 hour later. I learned this after having a Thanksgiving spread wait close to an hour for everyone to arrive.
This approach is also handy when trying to get the wife ready to go on time...;)

What was that aroma like?;)
Heaven smells like roast beef and frankincense! Anglican Catholic upbringing, oh, there will be the finest of beverages as well, I’m sure! I won’t be there but, y’all can have a great time!

The real irritating thing is I told the absolute late comer to arrive at 3:00! I said dinner is at 5:00! He arrived at 4:58 claiming he was on time! Next time, I’ll tell him noon!

UGH So aggravating isn't it! My pet peeve that I can't get seem to get around is the fact that everybody at my house sits around until the meat is done and then starts the process of getting ready to sit down. at the last dinner party, the wives were all sitting around talking, I asked like 3 times "are we ready" and got a "yes" each time. Seared the meat off, brought it in. Everybody said they were ready for me to carve. I carved it and only THEN did they start assembling plates for the toddlers, none of whom were going to eat the roast. then it was "oh, let's fill a water pitcher". I was so pissed and we all ate cold prime rib

OP, your rib roast looks like it was well executed, which is all YOU can do! Good crust and looks juicy!
guest: Is there ketchup?
host: we're done here

Heaven smells like roast beef and frankincense! Anglican Catholic upbringing, oh, there will be the finest of beverages as well, I’m sure! I won’t be there but, y’all can have a great time!

The real irritating thing is I told the absolute late comer to arrive at 3:00! I said dinner is at 5:00! He arrived at 4:58 claiming he was on time! Next time, I’ll tell him noon!
I've started to implement a policy with the worst habitual latecomers. I just start without them. meetings, leaving for events, whatever it is. I just decided that its fine with me if it's awkward for them when they show up late. Obviously that's easier to do with some than others. Somebody who shows up right as dinner is being served is awful. That disrupts everything!

Back