Is this true?

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
1643232162111.png

This was recently posted on the Humor thread.

Yesterday I saw a show on TV with 5 men answering questions from women in the audience. I forget what the question was, something about do men listen to what women have to say. The answer from most of the men was that they only listen to the first 8 seconds of what a women has to say. Is that true?

View attachment 44168

Yesterday I saw a show on TV with 5 men answering questions from women in the audience. I forget what the question was, something about do men listen to what women have to say. The answer from most of the men was that they only listen to the first 8 seconds of what a women has to say. Is that true?
tbh, the beer part is overrated. just the first part is fine.

Why else do you think I posted the question?
i can't speak for others, only my own experience. when my wife needs to give me data, there's a whole story behind it and it's a weaving story that jumps off in strange directions. so yes, if i cannot glean the important data in the first 5 seconds, i'm gone and lost.

until i get get my brain out of work mode (think weekends) i struggle to hear long stories where the data isn't concise or succinct.

Last edited:
OK, but, do you think it is fair that women have to sit and listen to men talk about things like football, politics, and what they used to do when they were young and healthy?

OK, but, do you think it is fair that women have to sit and listen to men talk about things like football, politics, and what they used to do when they were young and healthy?
i don't live in a world that's fair. so no, you needn't listen to anything you don't want to hear; news, tv, movies, people, anything...

Absolutely not. That's why I only talk about that stuff with my high school buddies.

In other words, "GET TO THE POINT"
Exactly. I sometimes have to remind my wife that I don’t need to hear a whole PBS Ken Burns mini series. More like a Dragnet Sgt. Friday “just the facts ma’am” will do.

View attachment 44168

I got as far as. "This was recently poste----"

Back