Is this true?

The answer from most of the men was that they only listen to the first 8 seconds of what a women has to say. Is that true?
Obviously, if you care about someone you want to listen to what they have to say. There are times when I'm busy and don't pay as much attention to what my wife is saying as I should, but sometimes I catch myself and think about how much I'd miss listening to her if she were gone and that puts things into perspective and I stop what I'm doing and try to be a better listener.

Hope that's not too heavy of an answer for you. :)

Chris, thank you so much for giving me a REAL answer. Your wife is a very lucky woman. :love:

(I'm going to make sure DH reads your post)

Obviously, if you care about someone you want to listen to what they have to say. There are times when I'm busy and don't pay as much attention to what my wife is saying as I should, but sometimes I catch myself and think about how much I'd miss listening to her if she were gone and that puts things into perspective and I stop what I'm doing and try to be a better listener.

I actually got a little choked up reading that, Chris. Thanks for that perspective. I think it might help me with my (lack of) patience.

I think you dropped the mike after this answer, Chris...ie, nobody can answer this any better. I'm going to go hug my wife. 😍

EDIT: Now she's suspicious..."what did you do? What did you buy?" She knows me so well.

Since my wife has been working from home, I have to filter some of her “conversations” with her computer and often require a repeat when I realize she is actually talking to me. I would not trade this time for all the tea in China! I’m sure I miss some but, she has to listen to me babble on about things that she has pretty much no interest in. Two way street here.
I would not trade one minute of time with her!

I don't think any of us would disagree about missing them. This is just the humorous side of relationships. Of course I would miss my wife's "babbling" it's part of who she is. She was like that when I met her and married her back in 85. And I went through with it anyway LOL. Especially after living through the drug addled person that preceded her

True Chris, so true.

My wife and I worked together for a number of years and were seldom out of each other's sight, so ignoring her is a conditioned reflex for me, and the adverse is true as well.

I just finished reading this whole thread to DH. Won't "babble on" about our conversation afterwards, just want to say thank you all for your input on the subject.

Back