Is Thermoworks Feeling the Heat?

Hmmm, I asked myself that question about why it doesnt have the magnets and since I always drop my Thermapen on the fridge, I never thought about what would happen if I put it in the drawer and it made love with the nut picks and skewers and everything else. That being said, if I did have a Thermopro, it would go on the fridge as well. Mine always sticks on the same place on the side so it isn't like slamming the door would dislodge it even though I don't think that would be a issue any way.

I am just kind of amazed how much discussion this product unveil has generated and how I keep getting pulled back into it. LOL

But why not just include it (magnets) in the product to begin with? Why make consumers buy it as an option on a premium product? Seems like a no brainer to me? Especially in the new and improved ONE model.
Because not everyone wants gimmicks and that's what cheap knockoffs do so you buy them thinking you got more for less. I'd guess they know what most want and give options for the other crowd to keep them happy as well.

Hmmm, I asked myself that question about why it doesnt have the magnets and since I always drop my Thermapen on the fridge, I never thought about what would happen if I put it in the drawer and it made love with the nut picks and skewers and everything else. That being said, if I did have a Thermopro, it would go on the fridge as well. Mine always sticks on the same place on the side so it isn't like slamming the door would dislodge it even though I don't think that would be a issue any way.

I am just kind of amazed how much discussion this product unveil has generated and how I keep getting pulled back into it. LOL
Jedi mind tricks.

I agree. The side of the fridge seems to me like the safest place for a valuable tool as opposed to a drawer. Not to mention the fact that the magnets can keep the tool from sliding off the grill when it's actually in use. That doesn't seem like a "gimmick" to me at all. More like a product preservation addition. But maybe thermoworks did their research and discovered most don't want the magnets? I hope so.

Nah, I wouldn't blame Thermoworks for bad research and R&D. They probably seriously considered the magnet but opted for the silicone cover with magnets as a choice for buyers. I can understand where some just would not want the magnets. But, for me, I like them.

I really never thought about what Bruno said either regarding the magnet as I also keep mine with my Q stuff in a drawer metal tongs and whatever else in there but I am anal so I kept the box with the plastic cradle and I put it back when I am done using it so it would not stick to anything even if it had a magnet. Not all people can stick it on a fridge either I have a counter depth refrigerator unless you were going to stick it to the front not gonna happen in my house, there is no side of the fridge to stick it to as its recessed in a cabinet.

I really never thought about what Bruno said either regarding the magnet as I also keep mine with my Q stuff in a drawer metal tongs and whatever else in there but I am anal so I kept the box with the plastic cradle and I put it back when I am done using it so it would not stick to anything even if it had a magnet. Not all people can stick it on a fridge either I have a counter depth refrigerator unless you were going to stick it to the front not gonna happen in my house, there is no side of the fridge to stick it to as its recessed in a cabinet.
They stick to range hoods and microwave ovens too. If you have an older car, they will stick to the bumper as well.
t0sG1c6.jpg

I agree. The side of the fridge seems to me like the safest place for a valuable tool as opposed to a drawer. Not to mention the fact that the magnets can keep the tool from sliding off the grill when it's actually in use. That doesn't seem like a "gimmick" to me at all. More like a product preservation addition. But maybe thermoworks did their research and discovered most don't want the magnets? I hope so.
Looks like a safe place to me. Also I have 2 30x48 304 ss tables that magnets don't stick to and I wouldn't attach my thermo to a hot grill or smoker.
20210627_114648.jpg

Hey Bruce if I ever get one with a magnet will be sure to ask my wife if she minds me sticking it to the front of the stainless steel microwave not that I think sticking your therm with electronics to a microwave is a great idea. Guessing she would be as excited about that as sticking it to the front of the fridge. :unsure:

My thermopro would likely be more apt to get lost in one our kitchen draws as anything else and it certainly blends in with all the other junk on the fridge. So, I guess I have different situation than others. What ever works best for a given situation/desire is the way to go.

But why not just include it (magnets) in the product to begin with? Why make consumers buy it as an option on a premium product? Seems like a no brainer to me? Especially in the new and improved ONE model.
Precisely. The various Amazon versions all have it. In fact, the one I bought had magnets within and came with self adhesive velcro tabs as well.

Looks like a safe place to me. Also I have 2 30x48 304 ss tables that magnets don't stick to and I wouldn't attach my thermo to a hot grill or smoker.
View attachment 31423
Everyone's situation is a little different. My drawers aren't that well organized LOL. The side of the fridge is perfect for us. But my main concern is the actual grilling. I find it ridiculous that with the thermapen there's no way to hang it up or stick it to a side table or frame leg safely out of the way with no fear of drops. The "hot grill" doesn't come into play at all unless you are sticking it to the body or hood of the grill. And who would do that? Where I stick my thermopro it isn't hot enough to damage the unit in any way. As I've said I like my thermapen but I'm just disappointed they left off what are to me a couple of important convenience features.

Everyone's situation is a little different. My drawers aren't that well organized LOL. The side of the fridge is perfect for us. But my main concern is the actual grilling. I find it ridiculous that with the thermapen there's no way to hang it up or stick it to a side table or frame leg safely out of the way with no fear of drops. The "hot grill" doesn't come into play at all unless you are sticking it to the body or hood of the grill. And who would do that? Where I stick my thermopro it isn't hot enough to damage the unit in any way. As I've said I like my thermapen but I'm just disappointed they left off what are to me a couple of important convenience features.
Two small grandchildren's curious hands don't mix well with sharp objects so the fridge would be a no go.

Back