Is Thermoworks Feeling the Heat?

My wife bought me a Thermapen 6 years ago. It has been rock solid up until about 3 months ago. It started flashing on/off upon opening. I put a new Panasonic battery in it...no change. I read about this one from a guy who had tested many of these Amazon available quick read devices. I bought 2. One for our beach home, one for primary. They are excellent and gave a lifetime warranty: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S93EQUK/?tag=tvwb-20
I'm not certain, but I think these are a generic device sold under multiple brand labels. That's not a complaint or any knock against them as mine (different brand) has been working perfectly for more than two years.

I may be the only person who has had bad experiences with two separate Thermopens. I bought the second on sale within a year after buying the first. Both crapped out on me after only a few years of use. Expensive experience. So I settled for lower risk with a "lesser" pen and I'm perfectly satisfied. Twice bitten... But as the song says, Go your own way.

Yup Chris not a good idea on my part I was kind of kidding did not expect you to take a chance with the lightning as its not rated for that just burning a 45 dollar therm most likely.

I woke up this morning and said to myself "I've gotten kinda spoiled with that 1 second reading from the ThermoPro Lightning." When I cook in the kitchen I always do it in the kitchen but when I cook outside I almost always do it at the basement walkout, so I thought I'd check current pricing and consider keeping one downstairs. My Lightning that I bought in December was $48.76 with tax. Today's purchase was $37.53 :D

Wow. That is a steal.
Do you have a link and specifics on getting it for that price?

Wow. That is a steal.
Do you have a link and specifics on getting it for that price?
First, I just brought it up on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BBR2RL6X/?tag=tvwb-20

When I did so, there was a check box for a 30% discount. I checked it and added it to my cart (for me, that discount doesn't show available now but I presume it's because there was a disclaimer that it was valid only for one product):

Then I went to www.buythermopro.com and clicked claim offer now:
1678549872172.png

Doing so brought up this link:
1678549937466.png

Which resulted in this response:
1678550059853.png

And sure enough when I went back to the Amazon cart both discounts were included:
1678550130310.png

Dammit BFletcher. I have a Thermoworks One and Two ThermoPro 19B-H's. Now I am gonna have a Lightening. Do I need it. Hell no, but at that price, I can't pass. I was gifted thermoworks One from another member and was instantly sold on the fast read. Great when trying to conserve heat inside a grill or oven while temping your meat and it allows you to temp your meat without turning your hand or arm Medium rare in the process.

Thanks for spending my money for me. LOL

I can't wait to check mine out as well. If it compares well to the Thermoworks One, I will be more than happy at that price.
Thanks BFletcher for the great tip and instructions.

Just purchased it off Amazon at a total cost of 34.99 as I paid no State of Florida tax. :) However I must pay extra for shipping costs from Florida to Costa Rica and Costa Rica Import tax.

Attachments

• 57EB12E0-B0E7-493E-95AE-B225BC955CF7.jpeg
    57EB12E0-B0E7-493E-95AE-B225BC955CF7.jpeg
    94 KB · Views: 3
  • 3B775B40-C2B4-48E4-BEBE-9D3E27E2F54A.jpeg
    3B775B40-C2B4-48E4-BEBE-9D3E27E2F54A.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Back