Irish Butter HdP Spares

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
one rack of Farmland pork spare ribs with Kerrygold Irish Butter smeared all over it...
Then seasoned with salt & pepper then Herbes de Provence.
(first photo after 1 hour at 265ºF. Melted Irish butter was brushed (mopped) on every hour afterward)

zkcFZzn.jpg

KcLZMQh.jpg
DGiKgkT.jpg

more melted butter drizzled on the ribs again after 3 hours....

r4nHe9B.jpg

finally removed from the WSCG after 5 hours

wUyzbhd.jpg

probably should have removed them sooner (I know I should have) but they were still tender and delicious
Served with green beans and garlic buttered mashed sweet potatoes...
t2823.gif

pxNWvJ2.jpg

Thank you for stoppin' by!
t1933.gif

Looks like your gearing up for St. Patty's Day Jim. Those ribs sound and look fabulous. Love the sides also, particularly those garlic mashed sweet potatoes.

I use Herbes de Provence a LOT, it’s such a lovely flavor for pretty much anything! I use it quite a bit on pork tenderloins, spray with EVOO (I use a misto) then roll with the Herbes. Delightful and ready for the grill in minutes!
The kerrygold is a fine addition!

Excellent Jim !
Question... Noticed the "WIS. GRADE A" on the label. Neither the Kerrygold website nor the packages of Kerrygold butter in our refrigerator have that particular labeling. Is it a Wisconsin law, etc ?

Excellent Jim !
Question... Noticed the "WIS. GRADE A" on the label. Neither the Kerrygold website nor the packages of Kerrygold butter in our refrigerator have that particular labeling. Is it a Wisconsin law, etc ?
Actually.... it IS a Wisconsin law, Bob... try this link about the Kerrygold dilemma: https://onmilwaukee.com/buzz/articles/wisconsin-butter-laws.html

Wisconsin's 1953 law bans the sale of butter that hasn't been graded by the state or the federal government. The grading, however, relies on taste factors including acid, aged, bitter, coarse, cooked, culture, feed, flat, malty, musty, neutralizer, old cream, scorched, smothered, storage, utensil, weed and whey.

Last edited:

Back