Inspiration vs perspiration

Richard S

TVWBB Pro
So our neck of the woods opened up a bit for business last week and after months of not “hitting the town” I did my best for the local economy to make up for it. Long night. And there is nothing more I like to do after a few too many beverages than BBQ. And I have been obsessed lately about chili verde so that was the goal. Luckily I shopped on Saturday so I didn’t need to drive anywhere!

I must say this forum has been inspiring for me to try new things and chili verde from scratch is not something I have ever done.
51BEEDB6-0025-40C3-98C7-7CEE8DAF6E0E.jpeg

I fired up the Redhead, Performer and a beverage (gotta get back on the horse). ACA45B13-E775-45FA-9932-6068C7823AB5.jpegE0F646A0-1D17-4D89-9586-CAE1713BDB8F.jpeg7CB6E2FF-1D14-4CFE-8F9E-8F349A914A39.jpeg
Spotify really wanted me to listen to Warren Zevon....who am I to argue?
C720953D-CCD8-46ED-B432-8F50DFAE6132.png
I smoked the pork for an hour with peach 🍑!
4A704550-2BC7-41E6-9FF9-DAAD5BDE3242.jpegThen melded it all together...
ABCE2292-FE36-49FA-97A3-50CE570D48B1.jpeg
C793810E-DE15-4AC6-9725-81AD9441FAAA.jpegI am really happy with the results and my wife who is a huge “verde” fan gave it high marks. Looking forward to some enchiladas in a couple days for sure! Thanks for the continued inspiration everyone! This forum is incredible!

This is now officially on my short list! I will be looking for a lazy weekend day that I can put time to a new cook and just go for it.

Man, Richard, that looks great! I agree, gotta put those sluggish "next days" to good use with a long grill session (hair of the dog optional!) :)

Other than your beautiful verde, my favorite part of this cook is seeing the proud war wounds on your red kettle......mine has similar ones and I wouldn't change 'em! :)

R

That looks really fantastic Richard. I've never made chili verde before but after seeing all the forum members who seem to have a great fondness for it I'm going to try to find out what I'm missing.

That sounds like a wonderful day and the food looks great!
I love your red kettle and back in the day, I think I was Warren Zevon's #1 fan. :D

Man, Richard, that looks great! I agree, gotta put those sluggish "next days" to good use with a long grill session (hair of the dog optional!) :)

Other than your beautiful verde, my favorite part of this cook is seeing the proud war wounds on your red kettle......mine has similar ones and I wouldn't change 'em! :)

R
Oh yeah! Can’t hide the battle scars. Hard to tell from the photo but the best part is the aluminum dog dish as the ash catcher! 🤣🤣🤣

Back