Inaugural Cook on the New 26.75 OTG - Teriyaki Pork Steaks, Hasselbacks, and Corn

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,
My wife bought me a 26.75” OTG for our 30[SUP]th[/SUP] wedding anniversary. I had been complaining about cooking for nine on my 22.5” OTG so I guess the squeaky wheel does get the grease. For my inaugural cook, I decided to pull out an old standard, Teriyaki Pork Chops (I really used some pork steaks I got on sale at WM. To test the volume of our new addition, I decided to cook the entire meal including dessert on the grill. For sides I picked Hasselback potatoes, corn on the cob, and a medley of peppers. Dessert was grilled pineapple. Below are a few pics of the proceedings (sorry I did not get any prep pics this time around):

Our New Addition Getting Ready for Launch

Steaks on the Grill Indirect (after a couple minutes direct) Joined by the Peppers

Hasselbacks After Pulling (they went on before the meat but I failed to get an action shot)

Corn and Green Onions Direct (medium low fire by now)

Pineapple Indirect (after a couple minutes direct – low coals now) Left to Cook During Dinner

Plated

This worked out pretty well. I love the new grill but I discovered I will have to relearn the basics (charcoal volume, air flow, etc.). It took quite a bit longer to cook than I expected (I had to reload charcoal half way through). In any case dinner was a great success. I love the new grill – it will make it a lot easier to cook for my large Krewe. Thanks for looking…
Regards,

John

That's a lot of real estate you've got covered there. Sure looks like it did the job. Nice cook it all looks good.

Happy Anniversary and congrats on that new cooker. All looks wonderful and I am sure all had a great meal.

Congrats John to you and your wife on 30 years and the 26. That is one awesome cook enjoy.

Back