I'm satill Kicking!

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
Haven't posted in a while. Work has been keeping me way too busy! I haven't been cooking anything fantastic. By the time I get home all I want to do is NOTHING! So just standard boring cooks.

In what spare time I have had I've been working on converting a 6x10 cargo trailer into a camp trailer, mobile cook shack, bike hauler. I am almost complete with phase one and will be hitting the road mid-July for a week long road trip with my youngest son. We'll be traveling down into Northern California to visit the Redwoods and North coast.

I did take the cargo trailer on a trip before I started the conversion. So here's a few photos of some of the food I made!

27912577407_aed24d8811_c.jpg

Here's a shot of the interior pre-modifications.

42731483492_cde3f85635_c.jpg

Did an open pit eye round rotisserie for one of the nights with ATB's as an appetizer. Made lots of grilled sandwees in our pie irons. If you camp and don't have a Rome pie iron you're missing out!

42781882971_e136e5a7f5_c.jpg

42077924524_39ff87d729_c.jpg

42077911814_13b67a6df6_c.jpg

42745177952_0f777ac573_c.jpg

42077868694_80d27083b7_c.jpg

42786346151_1b56000b47_c.jpg

When you have a creek that runs 43° year round you have creek camp cocktails!

Man that makes me want to go camping so bad!! Looks like great food, a soon-to-be great camping set up, and great use of chilly waters!!

Good to "see" you, Case! You've got camp cookin' down for sure! Always nice to have a bar setup, too. :)

Have a fantastic trip with your son! Redwoods and the North Coast will be memorable places to visit for sure!

R

Hot dog, can I go camping with you?? When I do my solo photo trips I have sidekicks or freeze dried food... This looks much better than both of those options hehe..

All looks terrific Case. I'll sure be looking forward to your photos of your completed camp trailer. Like that camp rotisserie. Does it recharge off your truck? Have fun at the coast. I guess you saw where the Pioneer Tree, the giant drive through redwood, bit the dust this past winter. Anyway, good to see your post.

All looks terrific Case. I'll sure be looking forward to your photos of your completed camp trailer. Like that camp rotisserie. Does it recharge off your truck? Have fun at the coast. I guess you saw where the Pioneer Tree, the giant drive through redwood, bit the dust this past winter. Anyway, good to see your post.

Hi Cliff! Yeah I saw that, bummed! We may make it far enough south to visit the Willow Creek-China Flat Museum. My son's a Bigfoot nut.

The rotisserie operates on "D" batteries. 20 hours on 2 batteries. I've used it a lot and never have run out of juice on a cook. I also adapted it to fit one of my mini-wsms.

25872690863_fe6ebab678_c.jpg

Case, that brought back a lot of memories Barb and I used to do a lot of camping with our travel trailer and before that my pickup with a cab over in the Sierras up around Bishop. Great times.

Case, that trailer looks like its going to work out great. The food is spot on and looks delicious. Have a fun and safe trip and be sure to take lots of pics to share.

Man i would camping anytime with you Chef Case. Looks like a fun time in a great part of the country. Looking forward to see more photos of your trip and cooks.

Back