If you are in Los Angeles area get to Costco!

Brian String

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

Stopped on my way home to get a choice brisket. This was too good to pass up though!! 2.89 a pound for prime!! 21.14 pounder for 61.09

I was at one in North Las Vegas a couple days ago -- $2.99/lb there. Have not hit the Business Center Costco in a while. They had lower prices on Prime packers than at the local stores.

Re-joined Costco earlier this year after a long absence in the hopes of procuring some of that brisket. Our local Costco carries only flats. Not a single packer in sight, much less a Prime packer.

Hit my Business Center Costco today in Las Vegas. NO prime packers, but plenty of choice packers at $2.29/lb.

Problem, most were in the 16-17 lb range. Huge hunks of meat!

The price is finally heading in the right direction.

I always come across nice briskets at Costco but I rarely get them as I'm weary of freezing.

How much does freezing affect the meat texture?

which Costco? I don't think I've ever seen a full packer, let alone prime one, at Costco in LA

Hit my Business Center Costco today in Las Vegas. NO prime packers, but plenty of choice packers at $2.29/lb.

Problem, most were in the 16-17 lb range. Huge hunks of meat!

The price is finally heading in the right direction.

Yes, they told me the one Prime was smallest they had at the time. It was HUGE though.

Re-joined Costco earlier this year after a long absence in the hopes of procuring some of that brisket. Our local Costco carries only flats. Not a single packer in sight, much less a Prime packer.

yup. that's been my experience at the woodland hills and marina del rey costco's and I go to Costco monthly at a minimum.

LOL Hate when I find out I've been missing out too.

Right! lol

I promised my family I'd take a few weeks off smoking but no one says I can't have a freezer full of goodness waiting on me..

Thanks for the heads up, I may head down there tonight after work to check em out. :cheers:

Right! lol

I promised my family I'd take a few weeks off smoking but no one says I can't have a freezer full of goodness waiting on me..

Thanks for the heads up, I may head down there tonight after work to check em out. :cheers:

HAHA that is what the GF said when I got home with it Friday! Let me know how it goes. I may go back tomorrow for another!

Last edited:
i'm buying one (maybe two) this weekend... at $2.79lb for prime? ​ why not?! Smoke Day 12 in almost 4 weeks away.

costcoprimebrisketprice.jpg

Back