I will just leave this here

Olivehurst, just south of Yuba City CA is a bit far for me to get this.

1630261448475.png

It's definitely worth what they are asking for it. I'd go get it if it weren't 500 miles away.

Not only is the lid an uncommon color but the frame in fairly rare as well. It has the dual swing tables with sliders. I think it is a Genesis 4000.

Not only is the lid an uncommon color but the frame in fairly rare as well. It has the dual swing tables with sliders. I think it is a Genesis 4000.
I didn't even see that, Bruce. Yeah, that right side slide mechanism would be a very special find.

The 4000 has side tables (and serving trays to match) and swing tables left and right, or at least they did in 1989 (I have one - hooray!). The 3000 (3500???) has the external burner and a single serving tray (not all of them do)...I think someone may have added the RH swing table. :love:

Last edited:
Back in the day Weber sold "add ons" for the grills at their dealers. You could buy a side burner, extra flip table and so on.

Thinking of you Larry. I am not sure what I just got myself into, as I just picked up this Wolf bbq-36bl lp, 6 burner built in. Apparently it belonged to an anesthesiologist who replaced it with a new one. This was sold to me by the handyman who helped him install the new one. It is so freakin' heavy and no cart. It will need a good cleaning, new electronic igniters, and one of the igniter brackets inside will need to be drilled and re-tapped, 1/2 NPT to 3/8" flare to hook up and test. I think all the parts are there. The hardest thing is no cart or way to move it outside to clean. It seems like a new Wolf in this range goes for $9K? I wonder what this cost new? What I could get for it working and restored? I figure that worst case it may be worth the $50 in parts or scrap.

20210901_105314.jpg20210901_105937.jpg

Happiness is newly sandblasted parts? I know a bunch of you guys go at these things with angle grinders, wire wheels, etc. but for $30 and 15 minutes of time I can't think of a much better way to do this...

ykIBJRM.jpg

nUdhtSv.jpg

Happiness is newly sandblasted parts? I know a bunch of you guys go at these things with angle grinders, wire wheels, etc. but for $30 and 15 minutes of time I can't think of a much better way to do this...

ykIBJRM.jpg

nUdhtSv.jpg

Too bad those prices don't exist where I am. Cheapest place near me is a 1 hr drive away, and they charge $78/hr do it yourself rate or $104/hr for someone to do the work.

Was 15 minutes all it took to blast all the paint and carbon off?

Too bad those prices don't exist where I am. Cheapest place near me is a 1 hr drive away, and they charge $78/hr do it yourself rate or $104/hr for someone to do the work.

Was 15 minutes all it took to blast all the paint and carbon off?

Yep, that's it. Only prep I did was a hose out and quick brush beforehand.

Back