I will just leave this here

For our Broilmaster fans. Looks like a fair offer for $100.

Attachments

• Broilmaster.jpg
    Broilmaster.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 8

That's interesting. There was a guy here in Indiana who did the exact same thing. I thought about it, but his price was too close to a new one. Anyway, one really nice thing about the Bullseye is its small storage size. I would rather just set up a table next to it when I needed to. One of those is on my dream list. Quick to heat up for mid-week suppers but also a useful low and slow companion to my big Rec Tec. The alternative is an EX-4. That seems like a roller coaster of positive then negative comments here. A lot more money for the EX-4 and the Bullseye can use Weber kettle attachments :coolkettle: like that guy points out.

EDIT:

The one here in Indiana was a newer stainless one. That is the earlier Bullseye. I would want the stainless version for sure.

RT-B380 Bullseye Wood Pellet Grill (recteq.com)

I did not realize that other grill posted was a pellet grill. I also didn't realize they made them in that round kettle like configuration.

That control panel looks like it has a bit of fade to it...but could be dust. Another thing that is interesting is that sure looks like wood. I didn't think any Genesis 1000 grills with wood after about 1995 or 1996. I though they went exclusively to Durawood after that and even the owners manual looks like Durawood. I would like to see a better photo of the inside of the cook box without the grates.
But yah, for a new one, that is still pretty high. But, there may be a guy out there that would pay that much for a brand new one.

That control panel looks like it has a bit of fade to it...but could be dust. Another thing that is interesting is that sure looks like wood. I didn't think any Genesis 1000 grills with wood after about 1995 or 1996. I though they went exclusively to Durawood after that and even the owners manual looks like Durawood. I would like to see a better photo of the inside of the cook box without the grates.
But yah, for a new one, that is still pretty high. But, there may be a guy out there that would pay that much for a brand new one.
Why not? They pay that much for an inferior made new style one

I did not realize that other grill posted was a pellet grill. I also didn't realize they made them in that round kettle like configuration.

Yeah, I think it is one of Recteq's cooler ideas. It can do low and slow, but it's strength is that it can get quite hot in "riot" mode and grill steaks and burgers like the SmokeFire. Combine that with compact size for storage, a stainless kettle body and interchangeability with Weber kettle grates and accessories and you have a pretty nice package. While $399 isn't chump change - at least for me - you can spend that much on a Performer or fancy Master Touch kettle.

Now how do you suppose that works?

Attachments

• dual fuel.jpg
    dual fuel.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 5
Probably not very well...I think I have heard of gas grills where you set in a tray with a thin layer of charcoal (NOT MATCHLIGHT OR WITH LIGHTER FLUID!!!) and the gas lights the charcoal and maybe even supplements it. I guess if it is done safely it could bring real charcoal flavor. It would seem to me to be the worst of both worlds for after cook clean-up!

Hmmmm...I never considered charcoal, I assumed it was NG/LPG. I have to agree with you, though. Typically multifunction devices are a compromise and only very rarely do they do all things well.

I have never heard of such a thing as dual fuel.

Probably not very well...I think I have heard of gas grills where you set in a tray with a thin layer of charcoal (NOT MATCHLIGHT OR WITH LIGHTER FLUID!!!) and the gas lights the charcoal and maybe even supplements it. I guess if it is done safely it could bring real charcoal flavor. It would seem to me to be the worst of both worlds for after cook clean-up!
Jon
It refers to being able to run on either LP or NG not gas/charcoal. That simply means the company sells an actual conversion kit for it

Back