I will just leave this here

This is my latest refurb. I understand why you guys do it now. It is nice to keep something nice out of the landfill, and make a little extra cash.

Attachments

• PXL_20210112_185455077.jpg
    PXL_20210112_185455077.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210112_185404540.jpg
    PXL_20210112_185404540.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210112_185353537.jpg
    PXL_20210112_185353537.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210112_185332734.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210112_185332734.MP.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210112_185320298.jpg
    PXL_20210112_185320298.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 18
Done In By Ugly Grates

Here is a nicely cleaned up Silver with double fold-up tables. Looks clean and semi-restored. But he is marking it down to desperate price. I think the unattractive grates ruined his otherwise nice job.

Geez Jon, if that was near you, you should grab it. Put a $35 set of SS solid rod grates on it, spend an hour detailing it and sell it for $300. Those dual swing table Silver B's with the wire rack bottom are the best grills for rehabbing IMO. You could probably just drop the grates in and put it up for $250 and sell it pretty easily. The only real question would be the burner tubes.

I'd be very leery. It's a red flag for me when I see a brand new propane regulator/hose assy still in the box...it makes me think it's a NG grill that the seller will tell you can easily be converted to run on propane, and no pictures of the tank holder to prove otherwise.

Gas conversion has got to be one of the Top 5 conversations on this forum.

Ed, I took the "new hose and regulator" part to mean that he just bought a replacement hose and regulator but hadn't swapped it out yet. Anyway, I downloaded the full photo of the grill so I could try to zoom in on the right side to see if I could tell if there was a tank holder. I could not tell from the photo, but what I did notice was a steel covered hose running from the right to behind the grill which could possibly be a NG line. So, you may be right.

grill.jpg

Well, if you think about it, why would you pay the money to buy an OEM Weber part and not put it on the grill...unless you found out after you bought the part that gas conversion isn't that straightforward and you don't want to install the part because you can't return it for a refund if the grill doesn't sell?

Ed, I fully understand your reasoning. However, I have picked up a bunch of old weber grills that included brand new parts with them. Seems sellers have good intentions but just change their minds and buy something new. Or they realize they just don't know how to swap it out or don't want to mess with it.
I have gotten grills with brand new rotisseries still in the box, new flavorizer bars still in box, new burners still in box and various other parts.

Well, I struggle with my cynicism, I really do, and the older I get the worse it gets...but I suppose I could give him the benefit of the doubt and think it's like you say, bought it but didn't install it. Took the time to clean and paint it but now just wants it gone. I'm going to try not to read any more into it than that.

Last edited:
It looks like the guy painted everything black on it. Looks like the hood outside and inside and flavorizers as well.

The inside of all vintage weber genesis gas grill lids are black ceramic coated. The predominant color of the outside of the lids are black too. They don't look painted to me. The flavorizer bars? I would have to give you that one.

Back