I will just leave this here

The inside of all vintage weber genesis gas grill lids are black ceramic coated. The predominant color of the outside of the lids are black too. They don't look painted to me. The flavorizer bars? I would have to give you that one.
It looked flat black to me at first, but looking again it had some shiny highlights. I blame it on bad light.

Done In By Ugly Grates

Here is a nicely cleaned up Silver with double fold-up tables. Looks clean and semi-restored. But he is marking it down to desperate price. I think the unattractive grates ruined his otherwise nice job.

i just redid one of these it was cake, I used all weber parts because it was going to be mine for the long haul, great grill

Yah, if that is really a blue lid, grab it. I am color blind, and that lid could be blue, but looks black to me. Interesting to see the Geneis 1000 durawood slats on the bottom.

Not nice drive. I would have to go through Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia. Way too much traffic. Or spent $25 each way on a ferry.

They're a higher end grill made by NexGrill. Some of them were also sold by Costco as well. Back in the earlier days they were pretty nice products. All 304SS welded construction at a great price. Now not so much. If price is right and you want a decent cooker could be worth checking out. Not a flipper though

They're a higher end grill made by NexGrill. Some of them were also sold by Costco as well. Back in the earlier days they were pretty nice products. All 304SS welded construction at a great price. Now not so much. If price is right and you want a decent cooker could be worth checking out. Not a flipper though
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be a flipper. Looks like this one is from 2006, I think. It looks like you can still get burners, heat diffusers, and grates for it. They want $50 and I'm sure I could probably negotiate down at least a little.

If it really is 304 it has the potential to be a nice grill with the new parts you mention. Just be wary of going down these "rabbit trails." They can take you where you don't want to wind up. Ask me how I know... actually, please don't:cry:!

LIGHTLY USED

Here's a bargain on a Smokey Joe. After all, "The inside mess in this grill is sawdust and cobwebs."

(6) Marketplace - WEBER TABLETOP BALL GRILL | Facebook
That's an older one. This one caught my eye. https://www.facebook.com/marketplac.../?ref=product_details&referral_code=undefined
Edit: that popped up for me while reading your link.
If I wasn't going to rehab twice a week for a partial rotator cuff tear I would be all over that like a hobo on a ham sammich.
That's a grand worth of serious right there..

Last edited:
I guess the sawdust is rust colored...

That Hasty Bake does look cool. I don't know anything about them, but they have a strong cult following like PK and BGE.

Back