I will just leave this here

Almost done with the rehab on the grill I'm keeping, Redhead Genesis 3000, sandblasted firebox and endcaps, all new stainless steel hardware, new burners, grates, and even wheels. Just waiting on the new hubcaps to come in.

Then I find this bluehead...

Apparently I have to have a blue grill now. Going to pick up in a few hours 🤦‍♂️

About the kettles, I found a matching blue Performer Deluxe SS for a good price. Not sure it is worth testing the strength of my marriage though.

You still have a chance. If you take another big bite, it is all over.

The Blue Genesis Silver C is a nice grill, if you need it....You don't as your 3000 is just as good or better aside from the side burner which very few people seem to use. I would say buy it for the blue lid, but that is too high of a price for that.

I am not a coal burning guy, but if you are, that blue performer is great option.
Then, back to CL and FB MP for your next addition.

And what's the yuck stuff on the inside of the end cap on this Genesis Gold? Is that crud?

(notice the photog got his foot in the shot like we all do!)

EDIT: Wait! Socks and sandals! I thought I was the only one that wears socks with sandals! Mine usually have holes in them, though.

1596676853462.png

That is just carbon that looks to be peeling and bubbling on the inside of the end cap.
Maybe it's just my imagination, but it looks to be over a quarter of an inch thick and it looks like someone flattened it with a trowel. And it's only on the end caps. Are the end caps on a Gold the same as the Silver?

I did get that blue head, it is in amazing shape. Going to swap the hood over the weekend to my 3000. I like the nut and bolt end caps more than the studded ones on the silver C otherwise it would already have been done.

The silver C will get a red hood and new orifices and regulator to become NG and be on its way to a co-workers house. My gracious wife just kindly reminded me to sell the other 7 grills in the works now too.

The performer deluxe as sold before I got a time to meet. Oh well, back to C-list, FB market, Letgo, and OfferUp.. 🙈

OK, how many of you have rehabbed a grill, an put it all back together and realized you forgot to put the rubber grease guards back on the valve stems before you bolted down the control panel? I swear that I do it every time and it really ticks me off.
I DID THAT THE OTHER DAY

I know it's black and it's an 18, but $35 for a daisy wheel model? Sign me up! Did anyone else notice that the original wood handle is still on the bowl section in photos 3-5, as opposed to the new upside down plastic one in photos 1-2? I wonder if he still has the original handles? I can't get a good look at the wheels, but they appear to have been replaced at some point during this kettle's life.

Jim, are you going to pick this one up?

Back