I will just leave this here

I am amazed on posts like these when people pay $2000 or $5000 or something in that ballpark just to grill. Im not sure the meat will taste better. I dont see it.

I think it was either Grand Hall or Nexgrill making them. They're from China (of course) and IIRC for a while Costco was selling one of them with not only a fridge but also an oven. So it was a monstrous cabinet, with an oven and mini fridge built in under the grill head. Also IIRC it had something like 6 burners and 2 side burners on one side and an IR sear burner on the other. I think it was like a $2500 behemoth. I have seen them pop up used from time to time. Take one fiasco at a time. The fridge could never last. Between the extremely high heat it sat next to if the oven was used, also if it sat out in a northern winter forget the compressor living through one cycle of that mess. But if you wanted bragging rights I guess that was it

Larry, I have a small chest freezer in my unheated garage and it has lasted about a decade so far. But, out in the elements, I agree, that would take its toll. I am sure the oven would get about as much maintenance as the grill would and would probably be unusable in a year or two. But, if you keep the doors on them closed, they would still look good. hahaha

Oddly freezers seem to fare well even in a cold garage but fridges not so much. They need heaters installed to run correctly

Yah, they need that contrast in heat to make cold. I have a good friend who is in commercial refrigeration and he has explained the physics of how they work, however, it seems logical as he tells it to me, but by the next day, I am like, huh, what?

Then you figure you can run a refrigerator off of propane (no electricity) and that is another, WTH?

Do you remember the old Servel fridges? They used natural gas and the refrigerant was ammonia gas. They ran forever. Basically no moving parts. Just a small gas flame. No noise either. However VERY VERY toxic if the refrigerant leaked. Think the anhydrous that the growers inject into the fields and how caustic it is

Yah, I am not much on "collecting" either just for the sake of collecting. That goes for more than just grills.

Not a $325 goodie LOL. I could see $40 or so
I actually think he might get that or close to it, the table is rare and that was the real red not the LE they came out with. Its a pat pending they had designed a new socket for the legs so the years he states should be accurate. The kettle guys as Bruce said are pretty rabid kind of interested to see what they get for it.

I get it Larry I would not pay that either but Jon is he not in Indiana probably drooling over it. :)

Skyline:
Well Cared For??????
trim laying on the shelf, front knob missing, middle knob broken and the left frame cross member is totally rotted out. I would hate to see what they would call a neglected grill. Or what they consider a "large" amount of rust.

Larry, I have a small chest freezer in my unheated garage and it has lasted about a decade so far. But, out in the elements, I agree, that would take its toll. I am sure the oven would get about as much maintenance as the grill would and would probably be unusable in a year or two. But, if you keep the doors on them closed, they would still look good. hahaha

Same. I had a small chest freezer and an old Kenmore refrigerator that lasted 20 years in my unheated garage. Both were still working when I got rid of them. The only reason I got rid of them is what they were costing in electricity $$ due to their age and inefficiency. Replaced the Kenmore with a much more efficient new Frigidaire refrigerator that is going on 5 years garage duty.

Quick question, I ordered a new cookbox for the rehab that I’m keeping for myself. I just opened it and the casting in the corner doesn’t look right to me, it looks like it could be a problem later. Have any of you seen this type of spiderwebbing in a new cookbox?

Attachments

• E859C9D7-A4AA-46C7-B46E-D01BB2D88423.jpeg
    E859C9D7-A4AA-46C7-B46E-D01BB2D88423.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 23
Quick question, I ordered a new cookbox for the rehab that I’m keeping for myself. I just opened it and the casting in the corner doesn’t look right to me, it looks like it could be a problem later. Have any of you seen this type of spiderwebbing in a new cookbox?
I haven't looked very closely at a brand new cookbox. I'd email Weber and ask them about it, assuming you purchased from them.

I have a new cook box that has been only used a couple of times. Just checked it and it has them too. Seems solid but would be curious what you find out from Weber customer service.

D5E0E666-A0BB-47A8-8CD0-77540563464C.jpeg

I have seen that on a lot of my rehabs after grinding them out. It is an artifact from the casting process. I really don't think it is an issue. But, if you did buy it from weber, I would check with them.

Back