I will just leave this here

Skyline:
Well Cared For??????
trim laying on the shelf, front knob missing, middle knob broken and the left frame cross member is totally rotted out. I would hate to see what they would call a neglected grill. Or what they consider a "large" amount of rust.

That has been up for a long time. I messaged her a couple months ago and no response. I was gonna try to low ball her just for the lid.

Joel, just FYI, that lid does have the "Fade" on it. Not a killer, but something to take note of.

Also, have you considered attending the
Official 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet
It will likely be in the N. Illinois area.

Joel, just FYI, that lid does have the "Fade" on it. Not a killer, but something to take note of.

Also, have you considered attending the
Official 2021 Upper Midwest Weber Gas Grill Meet
It will likely be in the N. Illinois area.
Yeah I saw it but wanted to see it in person since it's pretty close. A skyline is one I don't have. The meet sounds fun but I can't make a commitment that far out... We'll see.

OK, no problem. Even if you RSVP now, no one is going to slap your hand if you have to back out. We understand a lot can happen between now and next summer. Right now, we are mostly trying to gauge interest. Just PM me if at some point you think you might want to and will be able to attend.

Good luck on that skyline. I have one sitting in the back yard. The frame and control panel is toast but I mainly want the lid anyway.

Just got off the phone with Weber, they said that the spider webbing is normal, but there are a couple of pits that she said is not so I've got another one on the way! I love Weber customer service!

Just got off the phone with Weber, they said that the spider webbing is normal, but there are a couple of pits that she said is not so I've got another one on the way! I love Weber customer service!
Lucky day for you! I'd have no problems using the one you pictured. Maybe save this new one as a backup. You are set for 50 years! LOL

I think I would go with Kyle’s suggestion. I bought a new kettle grill which had the porcelain chipped and they sent me a new bowl. Still using the chipped one 8 years later with the new one in storage. 🙂

No, I have not seen it all.
You know...when you see a fire extinguisher on the grill shelf it cant be good.

Attachments

• FB580130-2F20-46DA-894B-EEE86780B091.png
    FB580130-2F20-46DA-894B-EEE86780B091.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 17
The rare 5 burner S310. I messaged them with some info that their grill didn't have 5 burners wasn't 4 years old, and a was a little overpriced when they had it listed for $700. Got a very trite message back that it wasn't my business and I was wrong. Must really be a 5 burner :)Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 7.24.07 PM.png,

The rare 5 burner S310. I messaged them with some info that their grill didn't have 5 burners wasn't 4 years old, and a was a little overpriced when they had it listed for $700. Got a very trite message back that it wasn't my business and I was wrong. Must really be a 5 burner :)View attachment 11723,

Ralph, that has been posted for over 7 weeks. I saw the ad when I went to Tulsa at the end of June.
I thought about messaging, but thought otherwise. I am pretty sure she had it about $700 at that time.

It's actually kinda nice. Not $900 nice IMO but someone put a lot of work into this.

Does look very well built, but like you said not worth paying $900 for that. Seems like an odd use of space inside that cabinet area. I think for a BBQ cart you'd at least need an area for your grilling tools and charcoal storage.

I just spent way to much time reading over 100 pages of this thread and I have decided I NEED one of those SS 04-05 Genesis Platinum's.
I have a few questions so I know what to look for. Thanks for any help.

1. Are all the SS frames painted grey/silver?
2. Are the hoods are SS?
3. If they are SS frames how are the bottom of the frames rusting out?

Back