I will just leave this here

Unless it’s something really special my grill buying has come to an end, now I can concentrate on feasting let’s see,
The over performer, the Genny, Smokey Joe gold (unopened), a Go Anywhere (unused), a dedicated 22” for the Pizzaque, an 18” WSM, six hundred pound cast iron open fire pit with lifelong grate. I think I can struggle through wi5 what I have.
Unless, I find a 26...
Then I can make the Olympian! 26 on one end and the pizza rig at the other.

I have a restored redhead genesis 1000 and only use the bottom 5 flavorizer bars eliminating the top shorter 8 flavorrizer bars , does anyone use the same setup or do they find the 13 bar setup has more even heat distribution and holds more heat in when opening and closing the lid.

I have a restored redhead genesis 1000 and only use the bottom 5 flavorizer bars eliminating the top shorter 8 flavorrizer bars , does anyone use the same setup or do they find the 13 bar setup has more even heat distribution and holds more heat in when opening and closing the lid.
Well, more heated mass will hold more heat in when opening and closing the lid. With more mass, I would not be surprised that there would be more even heat distribution.
Gerry

It seems to me that the second layer of bars also increases the flavorful smoke rising back up as the grease is seared on its way down. I agree with G Schafer as far as the physics aspect. My personal experience is that the 13-bar grills at least SEEM to be a little more even, though they take longer to get hot for the same physics reason.

That's not at all to say that 5 bar Webers don't work well. I like using GrillGrates and use them on my Platinum with the 5 bars since they play a way reduced role in grilling when you use grill grates. But with cast iron or stainless rod grates, I think the 13-bars setup is preferable.

Kyle there was a Firemagic for free in the Atlanta area, the one that they guy said he is using a Weber to grill on...over the Memorial day weekend, did you get it ? I had lots of work to do that weekend just did not have the time. Btw it was in good shape.

I did not, I'm not familiar with Firemagic so I wouldn't have really noticed it even if I did scroll across it. From Google search it appears to be like a Blackstone?

I wish the private equity parasites that took over from the Stephen family would get back to making these cool accessories. I didn't know about the Weber Flame when it was released 15 years ago. I keep looking for a used one. But I would buy a new one if they ever brought it back. The bug zapper and tiki torches were really cool, too.

Weber has made so much COOL stuff over the years is too bad they don't anymore.
I think fire pit would sale if they would make it again.

Did Weber ever make grills for Sam's Club? This one sure has lots of Weber design elements:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/d/dana-point-members-mark-4-burner-grill/7129368434.html

00n0n_e55rZJSIxJD_0CI0lM_1200x900.jpg

That was made by Grand Hall. They work nicely but rot away in about 18 mos. Funny though the stainless parts were 304, but then they made other critical pieces from powder coated steel

I had one from Costco called the Classic and that lasted over 15 yrs with zero rust on the cabinet. The innards like burners flavoriszer bars only lasted a few years. Thing was built like a tank, besides the ineer workings.
1591391355367.png

Tim

That was made by Grand Hall. They work nicely but rot away in about 18 mos. Funny though the stainless parts were 304, but then they made other critical pieces from powder coated steel
I recently swept a 3 yr old Broil King 440 Baron to the curb. Everything that was stainless rusted out like crazy, the firebox most of all. However the powder-coated steel parts were fine including the cabinet. Odd.

Back