I will just leave this here

People are going crazy. I was at my local Walmart tonight and there was not a roll of toilet paper left in the store. What is it with toilet paper and disasters? Why is toilet paper always the first thing people hoard.

Chuckle :D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/189758152452947/

26" Kettle, used, for $300. Normally I would just shake my head and move
along when seeing an over priced grill like this. ($329 from Amazon delivered
to your home.)
At any rate, this one caught my eye, as I just sold this to the guy on Sunday
for $225 the most I have ever sold a 26 for, or have even seen one priced
for used. When he came to pick it up he carried on about he couldn't wait
to get home and do brisket and ribs, and blah, blah, blah.
I didn't recognize him, or his name at the time, but as soon as I saw the ad, I put
2 and 2 together. He has posted a few Webers this year, always in that same hallway,
and always overpriced. My 26 however, is the first clean, shiny one he has ever posted.

That is a great situation for you. He buys your grills...that is great. Then he overprices them and puts them back on the market. THat is great too because it makes your offerings looks a lot more reasonable.

Did the Genesis 1000 with durawood ever come without the swing table on the left?
This one doesn't have the swing table and the slide bar is missing as well as the swing table pivot rod bracket on the end of the frame on the left which leads me to believe that it never had the swing table. I was under the impression that all versions came with a swing table on the left. Anyone???

I am not sure how that expanded steel/aluminum will work as a door, but I have been exploring the idea of using it for bottoms and sides on grills. The problem is finding it in the proper sizes in thick enough material for a workable price.

I am not sure how that expanded steel/aluminum will work as a door, but I have been exploring the idea of using it for bottoms and sides on grills. The problem is finding it in the proper sizes in thick enough material for a workable price.
I was mostly poking fun at the guy because he calls it a door, is just a piece of that mesh metal cut into a square, no hinges or handles or anything to make it a “door”

I could see it working ok, but I’d at least paint it black

Yah, I think his idea of a door is pretty dumb as well. One rain and that thing is going to be orange from rust too.

Chuckle :D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/189758152452947/

26" Kettle, used, for $300. Normally I would just shake my head and move
along when seeing an over priced grill like this. ($329 from Amazon delivered
to your home.)
At any rate, this one caught my eye, as I just sold this to the guy on Sunday
for $225 the most I have ever sold a 26 for, or have even seen one priced
for used. When he came to pick it up he carried on about he couldn't wait
to get home and do brisket and ribs, and blah, blah, blah.
I didn't recognize him, or his name at the time, but as soon as I saw the ad, I put
2 and 2 together. He has posted a few Webers this year, always in that same hallway,
and always overpriced. My 26 however, is the first clean, shiny one he has ever posted.

Say what you will, but he seems to have marketing skills. Does a nice pro-26" Weber kettle writeup. I'm betting he gets it sold. $300? I'll bet he settles for $260. or less. Quick $$$.
I've been looking for a 26incher for a year or so, seems to be scarce in my neck of the woods.

OK. I want some opinions here. Has this grill been heavily modified or is this just some configuration that I have yet to come across?
The left side shelf looks custom, the front condiment tray looks custom and the side burner looks custom as well. What do you guys think?

Silver C.jpg

Silver C1.jpg

Silver C2.jpg

So, yah, that is just a heavily modified version. That side grill trivet is interesting. I would like to examine that a bit closer.

Say what you will, but he seems to have marketing skills. Does a nice pro-26" Weber kettle writeup. I'm betting he gets it sold. $300? I'll bet he settles for $260. or less. Quick $$$.
I've been looking for a 26incher for a year or so, seems to be scarce in my neck of the woods.

I will never say never, but I highly doubt he gets $5 over what he paid for it.
I have had 2 others in the last 18 mos in that condition and have never been
able to get over $225.

So here we go. I caved and bought it. It is in good condition but I will part it out. The lower front cross bar is rusted on the left side and the previous owner has tightened the frame with a strap. Otherwise the frame looks solid with no rust.
The z bars of the shelves are mostly ok with not much rust. The wood is mostly solid. Love the black knobs. It has some interesting features I have not seen so far. The grease pan and tray are one piece. The fold up table does not slide. But since it is easily reversible I might use this as a left hand fold up table for the Skyline. The brown color is not really my cup of tea. But maybe I could dress up my grill now depending on season. Right now I have lids in blue, red, maroon, green, black and now in brown. Lol
So since most of the parts now have found a good home for a second life I decided to use the frame for something completely different. Wife was looking for an outdoor art table. With all the other stuff I had around here it is. I still need to finish that lower shelf with some wood.

Attachments

• FF1A1BA3-7BBF-40A5-A6CD-DF7C07A70A97.jpeg
    FF1A1BA3-7BBF-40A5-A6CD-DF7C07A70A97.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 21

Back