I will just leave this here

I have several new sets of SS rod grates and I think flavorizer bars for Silver B's already in stock. But, I hope this doesn't affect prices through the summer.

I did a quick look at my Grill shopping list on Amazon and I didn't notice any raised prices on anything in there.

This one looks interesting on FB:
88279202_10158098287848629_3863680153448087552_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/970054356725273/

Early Summit Platinum - just south of Madison

Yes it does. Really tempting, but they usually turn into big rabbit holes once you start looking at the cook box and need to replace parts.
Looks like there is rust on the rear panel of the cook box. Replacing that plus the welded together flavorizer bars is going to cost you an arm and a leg. You can buy a new grill for that.

I just looked at ereplacement parts. The Cook box for the Summit C4 (without the back burner) only! costs you a mere $908. Plus shipping.
The flavorizer bars are another +$200.

I am afraid Bruce is right, unfortunately. These 2005-6 Platinum grills with their very rare all-stainless frames really get to me. So much right, but on both Weber came up just a little short of making an almost perfect grill. On the Genesis, you get an all cast aluminum firebox - great! - but then they skimped and used painted steel for the cabinetry below. Then you have this Summit with ALL-stainless cabinetry (and frame as mentioned). But, they used this goofy part aluminum, part porcelain-plated steel for the firebox. A recipe for a long-term disaster as seems to be the case here. (I am still on "probation" with my new FB account, so I can't use Marketplace yet or see this ad. I am basing my comments on what others have said above.)

Too bad Weber didn't make one grill with an all-aluminum firebox AND and all-stainless cabinetry to go with that wonderful stainless frame. It would have been their best.

Not a gasser but I wonder what brand that is? Looks 70s or older?
Has anyone seen that model before?

Hmmm, first Skyline with extra burner I have seen and that one has the condiment basket as well.

Back