I will just leave this here

LOL. It is crazy what I am seeing lately. Lots of $300-$600 grills hitting CL and FB MP lately. Problem is, they are $50 rehab specials.

LOL. It is crazy what I am seeing lately. Lots of $300-$600 grills hitting CL and FB MP lately. Problem is, they are $50 rehab specials.
I'm actually Happy to see that. It's been the same in my area. It gives me hope for what I'll be listing if I ever get around to rehabbing the stock I have on hand. I've got 7 grills that have needed me to get to them for a long time. A couple of them have been waiting on me for almost a year now. I've passed on a few really good deals for that reason. A couple I'm kicking myself for. But I told myself I will not pick up more until I go through most of what I have.

I've picked up a couple since I told myself that. :rolleyes:

I'm actually Happy to see that. It's been the same in my area. It gives me hope for what I'll be listing if I ever get around to rehabbing the stock I have on hand. I've got 7 grills that have needed me to get to them for a long time. A couple of them have been waiting on me for almost a year now. I've passed on a few really good deals for that reason. A couple I'm kicking myself for. But I told myself I will not pick up more until I go through most of what I have.

I've picked up a couple since I told myself that. :rolleyes:

That's the story of my life, too, Jason. There are so many interesting deals but so little time...I am hoping when I move my new life will be a little slower and allow me more time to develop my grill restoration and related stuff. I still want to do "This Old Grill" videos and other stuff. My aspirations are always way out in front of what I can actually do.

Big thing now for me is going to be figuring out how to do a bunch of quicky "restore & sells" to reduce what I move to only really special stuff. It isn't cost effective to move beat up newer model Spirit grills halfway across the country. But I won't part with my best old classic Genesis grills which I intend to specialize in restoring. And then there are some collector grills I have...This is going to be a tough move!

Jon,
There are tons of things I'd love to do and two things preventing me. Time and money. Time is mostly my fault. I'll get into something then say the phone rings, or something comes up and suddenly I'm into something else. Add to that my regular responsibilities and obligations, I end up with three or four things going at the same time. So hobby work takes the back burner and often simmers back there for a long time.

I definitely feel for you given you have the moving aspect thrown on top of everything else. I hate moving. But in your case perhaps it's just what the Doctor ordered. After you finally settle back in hopefully you will have the time and space to get to your hobbies. I know I'm looking forward to seeing some of the things you started getting more attention. This old grill for example.

Think it’s already gone!
It didn't say sold when I posted it. I haven't checked back until I saw your reply and it does now. I'm going to guess that it was available for two hours or less. I. Hoping it went to someone that's going to get a lot of good use out of it and got a good deal vs show up for sale again by the person who bought it for $200+.

That's the story of my life, too, Jason. There are so many interesting deals but so little time...I am hoping when I move my new life will be a little slower and allow me more time to develop my grill restoration and related stuff. I still want to do "This Old Grill" videos and other stuff. My aspirations are always way out in front of what I can actually do.

Big thing now for me is going to be figuring out how to do a bunch of quicky "restore & sells" to reduce what I move to only really special stuff. It isn't cost effective to move beat up newer model Spirit grills halfway across the country. But I won't part with my best old classic Genesis grills which I intend to specialize in restoring. And then there are some collector grills I have...This is going to be a tough move!
Moving from Florida?

In 2012 I moved from a house to a condo that didn't allow grills. Had to sell my Weber family; Copper sidewinder, q200, green SS performer, and a OTG kettle. Try to sell anything you're selling now rather than waiting and having to let it go cheap.

Yes, I will post a bit of an explanation soon. It is not at all because I don't like where I live or work but because of the desperate need to help a family member. I will explain more later. So, we are moving to West Central Indiana - a world away from my South Florida familiar environment. One good thing is that the area is pretty rural, so hopefully we will have more room and whatever we find will include a decent shop for me to more seriously pursue my grill ideas. I plan to work remotely and cut back on tax preparation. Hopefully more time for grill renovations and maybe video stuff will become available. I hope, anyway!

Yes, I will post a bit of an explanation soon. It is not at all because I don't like where I live or work but because of the desperate need to help a family member. I will explain more later. So, we are moving to West Central Indiana - a world away from my South Florida familiar environment. One good thing is that the area is pretty rural, so hopefully we will have more room and whatever we find will include a decent shop for me to more seriously pursue my grill ideas. I plan to work remotely and cut back on tax preparation. Hopefully more time for grill renovations and maybe video stuff will become available. I hope, anyway!
Jon

If you are coming up I65 stop in Elizabethtown KY and pick up that Skyline lid I tried to mail to you last year.

Bobby

That one would take work and parts but is up my alley. I hope I can stumble into some deals like that post move.

I have never seen an early Spirit with black doors:
Did some come like this or has someone painted the doors?

Good question. I wouldn't have noticed the black doors unless you mentioned it as they are more common on the later spirit E series grills. But I see the condiment basket says "Spirit Classic" on it which is something new to me as well. My guess is that it was a slightly lower version of the regular Spirit that year and they probably saved $25 but replacing the SS doors with black ones and discounted the grill accordingly.

Yah, I noticed that as well. I really think it is just a bare bones, no frills Spirit that Weber was able to shave a few buck off in production and probably passed half of that on to the consumer. They probably save $2 by not printing the control panel and then gave $1 back by having to print "Classic" on the condiment tray.....hahaha.

Have any of you guys noticed parts prices increasing because of all this coronavirus mania? I imagine they might take a jump if they haven't already. Especially the knock-off stuff from China

Back