I will just leave this here

I swear, you couldn't get a piece of steel to rust this much this fast without storing it a salt brine.

I never did like the enclosed cart grills.

To emphasize my point Here are two curb alerts in my area. I am not interested in either one, but one is probably ten years old and one is probably 35 years old. Which one do you think is in the best condition? What will that ten year old grill look like in 25 more years. Freeking Pathetic.

1: https://madison.craigslist.org/zip/d/madison-weber-genesis-gas-grill-at-curb/7737196386.html

2: https://madison.craigslist.org/zip/d/madison-weber-gas-grill/7736908364.html
Point well taken. Can you imagine paying $4,000 for one of those new Summit grills only to have it look like the first grill in 5 or 6 years?

If it wasn't for the rust factor, I think they are OK. It is kind of nice to have a bunch of your gear all buttoned up, but not when it winds up rusting out after 4-5 years. For that reason, I would never own one for personal use.

That is why I modified my SS Platinum. No worries about rust with all SS and aluminum. I did this modification for probably $50. Why can't Weber do something similar.

20230305_134946.jpg20230320_140901.jpg20230320_160209.jpg20230320_160118.jpg

If it wasn't for the rust factor, I think they are OK. It is kind of nice to have a bunch of your gear all buttoned up, but not when it winds up rusting out after 4-5 years. For that reason, I would never own one for personal use.

That is why I modified my SS Platinum. No worries about rust with all SS and aluminum. I did this modification for probably $50. Why can't Weber do something similar.

View attachment 89245View attachment 89248View attachment 89247View attachment 89252
Can that be done with a Genesis 1000?

If yes, what is the donor grill I would need to start with?

John, that is a good question. The answer is YES, but with conditions. It takes a bit of modification to the frame. The frame is identical to a Silver B frame, except that it is stainless steel instead of painted regular steel. Hence, it is made to accomodate a Silver B/C cook box. The Genesis 1000 cook box is a little longer and uses a different manifold. That being said, you can put one on the frame, but you have to do a little modification to the frame to make it work. I can attest to that, because that is what I did to the grill in the photos above. It has a Genesis deep box cook box in it.

Here is a photo of the grill after I shoe horned the Genesis 1000 cook box into it, but before I fabbed up the cabinet bottom and sides.

You will need to do a little welding or have someone else do it for you. But just a little. If this sounds like a project you might want to take on, let me know and I will give you more detailed info.20210820_140035.jpg

Yah, kinda what I thought. I thought it was a good deal. Just not for me though.

Why is it hard to find the BTU rating of a NG Silver B?

who buys a performer brand new, and doesn't use it for almost a decade then sells.

1713209229780.png

I would get it if it were close to me. The last thing I need is another kettle, but I would dump that cheap (maybe save those wood handles) and keep the rotisserie.

who buys a performer brand new, and doesn't use it for almost a decade then sells.

View attachment 89328

Wish it were near me it would be on my lower deck now that is one beautiful grill does not appear to have gas assist which is a no go for me though. For someone who does not care its a really good deal.

Pretty easy to determine if its been used and who knows maybe they thought they were going into the charcoal world and decided against it or maybe a divorce revenge deal who knows.

The person I bought the Summit Charcoal grilling center from bought it new in 2016, paid for delivery, set up and a few Weber branded grill accessories/ cover and let it sit for more than 6 years before selling it.

I have all the paperwork and original sales receipt.

If I remember correctly he spent around $2,500 all included.

Never even did a burn in.

The plastic zip ties were still holding the grill grates together.

He told me he bought a blackstone griddle and loved it.

He also had a three car garage filled to capacity with all kinds of toys though.

I appreciated him taking such good care of my grill until I was ready to pick it up at a discount.

He seemed to be a really nice person from the little time I spent with him though.

Buyer beware...

Check out the pictures posted for this sidewinder. Some rust on the bottom and at least one side, but not near as bad as some I have seen, but look closer:

SIdewinder.jpg

Sidewinder Inside LP or NG.jpg

Back