I will just leave this here

Oh, to be in New England :smilekettle: !

I am watching a slightly newer one, with the more modern hood and handle being the only real difference. Price has dropped from $200 to $175. Might drop more, but I don't think free will be a price!

That ad is funny, because the owner of the AirBNB here in Indiana where we stayed for several weeks made the same swap with me. She gave me a Genesis Silver B for a Charbroil red kettle. She said that guests would just leave gas running and didn't care. She figured charcoal would make them have to be more serious.

Oh, to be in New England :smilekettle: !

I am watching a slightly newer one, with the more modern hood and handle being the only real difference. Price has dropped from $200 to $175. Might drop more, but I don't think free will be a price!

That ad is funny, because the owner of the AirBNB here in Indiana where we stayed for several weeks made the same swap with me. She gave me a Genesis Silver B for a Charbroil red kettle. She said that guests would just leave gas running and didn't care. She figured charcoal would make them have to be more serious.
I would have thought there would be more risk with charcoal!

I would have thought there would be more risk with charcoal!
I wasn't sure I really got that, either, but she was very kind to us when we were "homeless" after selling our place in Florida and being defaulted on by an outrageous seller ONE DAY before we were supposed to close on our house in Indiana. We stayed at her place way out in the country for weeks, and she even let us stay while she was gone on vacation because she trusted us. So, I was happy to get her what she was wanting.

The old Silver B went to @Bruce, mainly as a parts grill, in one of our infamous swap meets!

Much more likely to burn the house down with carelessly handled charcoal cooker IMO
Yeah, but the burn rate is limited to how much coal you put in --- its easy to drain a tank over night if you leave a gasser on..... Constantly refilling tanks as an owner/operator sucks --- my brother had four rental cabins in MN and had this problem constantly.

Only one Genesis, 1 three burner Spirit and two 2 burner Spirits on display in our HD. They have several other name brand grills and griddles as well, but no Weber SMokefire or griddle.

Back