I will just leave this here

Yep, it has always seemed to be that way. All around Boston mostly. California seems to be another hotbed for good deals on used grills. I suppose population density might have something to do with it though.

That is nice, but to get that for a grill pushing 20 years old, it has to be extraordinary. On the other hand, someone who really values a "sidewinder" might at least pay close to that if it really is in perfect shape.

I suppose like many things it is preference.

I have cooked on an E320 with side controls a fair amount. Personally, I prefer hot-and-fast grilling on my E330 front control, and rotisserie cooks on a Genesis 1000.

Not having used a sidewinder, that’s an interesting experienced perspective, @DanHoo. I was working on putting one together from various parts last fall until weather and then tax returns shelved that project. Hopefully, by this summer I will get a try on one!

Not having used a sidewinder, that’s an interesting experienced perspective, @DanHoo. I was working on putting one together from various parts last fall until weather and then tax returns shelved that project. Hopefully, by this summer I will get a try on one!
Come to the dark side Jon. You will see what you've been missing

Most of my grilling, at least until I finished the Summit you sold me, has been on E-W “classic” Genesis grills, but I have never had the opportunity to use the 300 series sidewinder.

I would probably still go pick this up if it was closer to me. The parts would be worth the drive if it wasn't 90 miles from me.

Back