I will just leave this here

My 16yo likes the silver B. I told him I was restoring one for him and another for his brother and asked him what color lid he wanted. He liked the green one, except for the dumb add on thermometer not even centered. His second choice was red.

Ed,
Truer words were never spoken.

This current Generation wants the latest/greatest and could care less about "fixing" anything as who wants a "classic" product when you can have something shiny and new. Little do they realize their older one is made significantly better than the newer model.

It's not just grills either. manufactures are making their products cheaper and cheap with no source of parts support as they know most will be in the junk pile in a couple of years.

I am currently fixing my Brother's John Deere 14SB lawnmower that I gave him a couple years ago when I got My JD JX85 to replace it. The blade brake clutch is gone so I purchased a new unit but am having a hard time separating it from the crankshaft. He brought it to the local John Deere dealer and they won't touch it.

Reason being...they state it's too old! They want to sell him a newer Deere which are a POS.

I picked up a Lawn Boy M model # 10591 mower recently as I always liked that style mower. It is a 2 stroke, oil injected, blade-brake clutch that wouldn't run for $20.00. After a diagnosis, I replaced the coil/module and it fired right up. The motor still has 150psi compression. The year of the mower...1993. It is 28 years old (like most of my Weber's) and is twice the mower of anything made today.

I love to take out that mower when my Neighbors are mowing with their new battery powered mowers and they are bogging down in taller grass where my dirt bike sounding 2 stroke relic is happily singing away ;)

Jeff
Those old Lawn Boy two strokes were tanks that were built to last forever, and the blade brake clutch is a feature that I absolutely love on my 1996 super recycler.

In real estate they say the three most important things are:
Didn't know that also applied to gas grills..

20211115_221819.jpg

six weeks ago I offered them $20 and they didn't take it. I feel a little bad only paying $10, but, well. I'm over it.

View attachment 40738
Looks like it got "bobbed"! You got a nice little shorty there, just right for tight spaces...or did you buy it for the green lid?

I think you have full-blown Weberitis...take two Webers and try to get some rest. Call me in the morning. The bill is in the mail.

[Nice score, Dan!]

or did you buy it for the green lid?

The green lid was the main reason. My youngest likes the green lid, and the only green lid I have was from this butchered silver B that I snagged this summer. The rest will hopefully be some parts for my other projects. It looks like durawood bottom shelves, and they said they had the side shelf. We'll see. I pick it up tomorrow morning.

1629247747437-png.35081

six weeks ago I offered them $20 and they didn't take it. I feel a little bad only paying $10, but, well. I'm over it.

View attachment 40738
solid parts grill. EZ date code so its a 98

The Good:
Lid is in excellent condition.
The bottom pan looks almost new with no sign of rust anywhere.
Burners look fairly new.
Casters swivel and roll and the wheels look good, need a little glue to hold the white trim piece in place.
Cookbox appears solid and is not bowed.
Grates and Flav bars are in fair condition, yet they are not stainless.
warming rack and potato rack look fair
durawood bottom racks are in good shape as are the z brackets.

The Bad:
it is NG...
knobs are broken
Igniter doesnt' work

The Ugly:
front arm of the frame was cut or bobbed on the left side.
left, side table and swing up side table are MIA.
grease catch pan is a used tuna can

The bottom pan alone was worth the trip and the cost of the grill and the green lid covers a gap for my kiddo.

20211117_111231.jpg20211117_110947.jpg

Last edited:

The Good:
Burners look fairly new.
Casters swivel and roll and the wheels look good, need a little glue to hold them in place.

The Bad:
it is NG...
knobs are broken
Igniter doesnt' work

The Ugly:

The bottom pan alone was worth the trip and the cost of the grill and the green lid covers a gap for my kiddo.

View attachment 40748View attachment 40749
I was kind of hoping for a picture of the tuna catch can. :)

The Good:
Burners look fairly new.
Casters swivel and roll and the wheels look good, need a little glue to hold the white trim piece in place.

The Bad:
it is NG...
knobs are broken
Igniter doesnt' work

The Ugly:

View attachment 40748View attachment 40749

The frame from this one is remarkably rust free. Every bolt came out easily. Here's an example of one of the lower cross members.

Not bad for a 1998.20211121_140802.jpg

Yeah, that looks great. Those threaded inserts were pretty much disintegrated on my 1998 grill. I'm guessing the different climates may have something to do with it 🤔

Yeah, that looks great. Those threaded inserts were pretty much disintegrated on my 1998 grill. I'm guessing the different climates may have something to do with it 🤔
Yup.

Even the cook box support is in fantastic shape.

Too bad they butchered it.

20211121_150347.jpg

Back