I will just leave this here

Green Bay is too far for me, unless I was going on a Sunday game day! Looks like a grey lid to me, but listed as black.

Attachments

• IMG_7841.jpeg
    IMG_7841.jpeg
    296.7 KB · Views: 1
So I was just going over some stuff with my brother and his project NG E330, and I got to thinking about the lower heat deflectors in these, vs. the open bottoms of the earlier genesis grills. Obviously heat in the 1/1000/Silver B generation of grills, isn't an issue, but I am wondering why Weber added them? Does it help them heat up quicker? Maintain heat? Better grease dispersion acting as secondary flavorizers?

So I was just going over some stuff with my brother and his project NG E330, and I got to thinking about the lower heat deflectors in these, vs. the open bottoms of the earlier genesis grills. Obviously heat in the 1/1000/Silver B generation of grills, isn't an issue, but I am wondering why Weber added them? Does it help them heat up quicker? Maintain heat? Better grease dispersion acting as secondary flavorizers?
Post in thread 'Heat Shields on Genesis E310' https://tvwbb.com/threads/heat-shields-on-genesis-e310.71457/post-786091

They actually help on a couple of ways. Keep some excess heat out of the grease tray. And also helps with heat dispersion and efficiency overall. I actually years ago did a whole write up on my own mod to my own Genesis grills to add them

They actually help on a couple of ways. Keep some excess heat out of the grease tray. And also helps with heat dispersion and efficiency overall. I actually years ago did a whole write up on my own mod to my own Genesis grills to add them
Different write up than the link to the one of yours I posted above? From 2017

I’m considering trying something like them in an older Genesis. Just for ****s and giggles. I’d think N/S oriented lower shields on an E/W burner grill could be an interesting experiment.

Back