I will just leave this here

A few things stand out on this one that doesn’t allow it to pass the sniff test as an original Weber offering. I’m pretty sure IH stopped using this logo in the mid 80’s and this Spirit 500 is newer than that. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ll need some convincing.
From this site https://logos.fandom.com/wiki/Case_IH it looks like that logo was in use from 1985-1994. I believe the 500 came out in the early 90's, so there might be a reasonable overlap.

A few things stand out on this one that doesn’t allow it to pass the sniff test as an original Weber offering. I’m pretty sure IH stopped using this logo in the mid 80’s and this Spirit 500 is newer than that. Maybe I’m wrong, but I’ll need some convincing.
Maybe you are right. I did find two of them though. One posting in South Carolina and one posting in Michigan. Could be coincidence or maybe even the odd chance that it's the same one.

Screenshot_20241026_045109_Google.jpgScreenshot_20241026_045426_Google.jpg

Here's a link to the one for sale. The one that's in nicer conditions sold in auction a couple years ago. So I don't think there's a possibility that they are the same Grill.

Last edited:
If it’s legit, I’d be curious to know the story of why/how one could get a Case IH grill. Who’s in Michigan that wants to go get it? 🤔

I like the board that’s acting as the lower cross member
I'd be on it if it was closer, just for that lid. It's about a five hour round trip for me. It's pretty hard to find the various colored lids for the two burners, but that's one of my goals.

Maybe you are right. I did find two of them though. One posting in South Carolina and one posting in Michigan. Could be coincidence or maybe even the odd chance that it's the same one.

View attachment 102692View attachment 102694

Here's a link to the one for sale. The one that's in nicer conditions sold in auction a couple years ago. So I don't think there's a possibility that they are the same Grill.
I would say no that it is not the same grill. The LP connector on one is straight out of the regulator and the other one is 90 degrees. One has two tool hooks, other none. Board on one vs cross member on the other. Sure, all of that could have been changed by someone at some point, but likely the LP hose would have been upgraded to the new style if it was ever changed out at some point.

That is the first CASE Weber grill I have ever seen as well.

I would say no that it is not the same grill. The LP connector on one is straight out of the regulator and the other one is 90 degrees. One has two tool hooks, other none. Board on one vs cross member on the other. Sure, all of that could have been changed by someone at some point, but likely the LP hose would have been upgraded to the new style if it was ever changed out at some point.

That is the first CASE Weber grill I have ever seen as well.
I agree Bruce and my eyes gravitated towards those small details as well. Interesting and makes me wonder what other unknowns could be out there and if maybe Weber has an archive of information about these special lids somewhere.

Josh, I don't think there is an archive by Weber that is accessible to the public. While I have never seen this CASE lid before on here, I am pretty an example of the vast majority of them have been posted on this forum at one time or another. It would be nice if they were all consolidated into one thread or even better a single post.

Back