I will just leave this here

I don't have many pictures to go by when it comes to the first generation wide slat. It doesn't look as reddish colored as the later stained slats but I don't have many pictures to go by.

But then again the color in this photo is obviously a bit washed out looking considering the lid on the grill is not as vibrant as it actually would have been.
View attachment 101645
There's a nice picture of an oldie here: https://tvwbb.com/threads/1987-barbeque-the-weber-tradition-4012101.85773/

Great find on yours!
Gerry

Normally I'd pick both of these grills up but I need to be more selective. I now have several grills and parts to build several more nice grills. I need to focus on only picking up grills that have something I'm looking for like a specific lid or rare desirable hard to find parts or perfect restoration candidate. I may or may not stick to this plan. I have already picked up 4 grills this week and scheduled to pick up 2 more before the week is over. No regrets. I feel blessed and thankful for all I have found so far. My wife is supportive of my gift of Weberitis and sends me listenings all the time asking me "how about this one?"

View attachment 101565

View attachment 101566

That original wood handle makes it worth picking up

Rattle can. I can’t get a solid yes or no about heat resistance from my paint supplier. So I’m using the rustoleum cans.

I’ve got a few frames and other pieces that I’m ready to paint, that I’d love to spray with my hvlp guns. I’m curious as to how hot the actual frame gets on a longer cook.

Rattle can. I can’t get a solid yes or no about heat resistance from my paint supplier. So I’m using the rustoleum cans.

I’ve got a few frames and other pieces that I’m ready to paint, that I’d love to spray with my hvlp guns. I’m curious as to how hot the actual frame gets on a longer cook.

I think Bruce has said he uses the high heat paint on the frame that touches the cookbox and reg paint on everything else frame related.

What about engine block or caliper paint from your supplier? Im assuming you are dealing with automotive paint.

Back