I will just leave this here

So for my Weber grills I have always used Weber brand replacement regulator/hose. I know at least a couple of you or more have used Dozyant brand. I'm looking to do conversions on a few of my Q grills and I was wondering if there is any other brands for cost saving purposes that any of you know of to be good or bad choices?

So for my Weber grills I have always used Weber brand replacement regulator/hose. I know at least a couple of you or more have used Dozyant brand. I'm looking to do conversions on a few of my Q grills and I was wondering if there is any other brands for cost saving purposes that any of you know of to be good or bad choices?
I don’t buy regulator hose assemblies, I get enough off Weber parts grills to fulfill my needs. I test them and very rarely get a failure.

The regulator hose assembly I like for the Q is from the front burner big Genesis with cabinets. The regulator hose assembly that has a long 42 inch hose. The long hose has plenty of rope to reach the tank on the ground or in the Q cart tank holder

Please note I don’t use the Q regulator - I remove it and bypass it with brass fittings. I use the regulator hose assembly and 20lb propane tanks for fuel.

I don’t buy regulator hose assemblies, I get enough off Weber parts grills to fulfill my needs. I test them and very rarely get a failure.

The regulator hose assembly I like for the Q is from the front burner big Genesis with cabinets. The regulator hose assembly that has a long 42 inch hose. The long hose has plenty of rope to reach the tank on the ground or in the Q cart tank holder

Please note I don’t use the Q regulator - I remove it and bypass it with brass fittings. I use the regulator hose assembly and 20lb propane tanks for fuel.
Sounds like we are on the same page. I do that with the regulator also and also only use Weber brand hose/regulators on my Genesis rebuilds. I have a lot of Weber brand hose/regulators but I didn't want to waste them on the Q grills. I was just looking for a cheaper alternative that would work considering I am buying several at a time. And I'm not that fussy with what I put on a Q compared to what I would put on a rebuilt Genesis or summit. As long as it works.

Most or all of my current Q grills will be donated or sold

Last edited:
Josh, you can try this one. Maybe just buy one and see how it works. If it doesn't fit your expectations, just return it. If it does, buy a few more.
The only issue I see is that it is only 21" which is great for most grills, but might not be as long as you would want for a Q grill.

I'm currently using a 21 inch hose on my 1200 conversion and the length is nice. I don't like a lot of extra slop in my hose. A 2' or maybe a 3' would work also but I wouldn't want any longer than that.

I'm currently using a 21 inch hose on my 1200 conversion and the length is nice. I don't like a lot of extra slop in my hose. A 2' or maybe a 3' would work also but I wouldn't want any longer than that.
I don’t think you can go longer than the long Weber which is about 42 inches tip to tip including connectors.

I haven’t seen longer hoses for 20lb tank and grill. My guess is pressure in the 20lb tank might be an issue with say a 12ft hose used for a whole house supply

I don’t think you can go longer than the long Weber which is about 42 inches tip to tip including connectors.

I haven’t seen longer hoses for 20lb tank and grill. My guess is pressure in the 20lb tank might be an issue with say a 12ft hose used for a whole house supply
That's no problem for me because I prefer a shorter hose. I don't like it to have extra slop in the line

I can send you pictures on a bigger Q and a smaller Q both with carts. Well the 1200 I could do right now the bigger cart I can take a picture later when I'm done working on it.

I remembered somebody was looking for a grill cover for a Silver B but I can't remember who. This one also fits Genesis 1000 and spirit 700. This is my favorite grill cover but I have several now. I like it because it's super heavy duty and thick and will last a very long time compared to newer versions. I also like them because they they breathe instead of trapping in moisture that could easily happen from sitting over wet ground but some people don't like them for this reason because they can let in a little bit of water where they breathe.

Screenshot_20241013_115647_Etsy.jpg
Screenshot_20241013_115502_Etsy.jpg

Back