I will just leave this here

I don't have many pictures to go by when it comes to the first generation wide slat. It doesn't look as reddish colored as the later stained slats but I don't have many pictures to go by.

But then again the color in this photo is obviously a bit washed out looking considering the lid on the grill is not as vibrant as it actually would have been.
Screenshot_20241011_163433_Chrome.jpg

If I can gently clean each slat and preserve the stain underneath any dirt or Grease I may try and do that first.

Last edited:
Quite sure it was a Cedar color semi transparent stain. Reason I am quite sure is back in the day, my old deck was done with Olympic solid cedar. And except for it's opaqueness it was a pretty darn good foil for my new then Weber Genesis 2

I asked him and he can't remember unfortunately.
Thank you for asking! The wood is in excellent shape and I can still see the stain on it quite well. I'm pretty confident I can get a good match.

Oh and also picked up a free Weber Q grill while I was in that area looks to be unused also came with a cart and a free full tank of propane. I think that's my fourth free tank this week but I lost track.

Picked up six grills this week though

Oh and something else very cool that I got today from the very nice young man who seem to be an Amish woodworker. He gave me a truckload of very nice wood that I can make slats out of. Enough for several grills. IPE ironwood which feels as heavy as iron and looks beautiful. Also gave me poplar and Alaskan White cedar.

Oh and something else very cool that I got today from the very nice young man who seem to be an Amish woodworker. He gave me a truckload of very nice wood that I can make slats out of. Enough for several grills. IPE ironwood which feels as heavy as iron and looks beautiful. Also gave me poplar and Alaskan White cedar.
Alaskan white cedar… that sounds kind of fun

Back