I will just leave this here

Yeah, they both look like great candidates for someone like yourself. Just because it's different I'd be partial to the green. Green is growing on me a little

Its a good thing I have a 'don't pay ANYTHING for a grill' policy or I'd be on that black one....
Thats how I keep my weberitis in check.

I don't "need" anything for the grill I just picked up, but the red wood slats and lid possibly in better condition that doesn't need stripping would almost be worth $40.....

I’m going to have to make some sort of rack to store the burgundy lid when not in use, it won’t be too hard, I just have to figure out “where”!!

I hmmmmd and hawwwwd this morning about it...... kept looking at the pics and I noticed that it looked like it had pretty new flavor bars in it along with newer grates..... I thought to myself ---- 'If I'm going to have to pay $40-50 for a set of flavor bars --- why not get what might be a better grill than what I just picked up?'......
I messaged at ~9:30 and just heard back that someone was coming to pick it up this afternoon..... I was guessing it was you.....

Damn this weberitis.... once you scratch the itch it just spreads like a rash..... I started musing that the black lid would look better with the gray slats and the red wood would go better with the redhead....

I'll put that one in the 'gottaway' column.....

I hmmmmd and hawwwwd this morning about it...... kept looking at the pics and I noticed that it looked like it had pretty new flavor bars in it along with newer grates..... I thought to myself ---- 'If I'm going to have to pay $40-50 for a set of flavor bars --- why not get what might be a better grill than what I just picked up?'......
I messaged at ~9:30 and just heard back that someone was coming to pick it up this afternoon..... I was guessing it was you.....

Damn this weberitis.... once you scratch the itch it just spreads like a rash..... I started musing that the black lid would look better with the gray slats and the red wood would go better with the redhead....

I'll put that one in the 'gottaway' column.....
I'm concentrating on picking up that early first generation Genesis 2. I want to start on that one right away and get it restored.

Cross posting in case others don’t see the Amazon big deal days thread.

The grates and thermometers came today. The grates don’t fit 100% perfect. The cross bars sit slightly on the ridge of the cook box. There is a very small bit of slide when you press on them in the motion that you would be scraping, back and forth.
That being said, sitting alone in the grill together, they look very nice and have a nice tight fit, especially in the middle. The second pic is of them on top of the quilimetal 7mm in my 330. The difference between 1/4” and 7mm is hardly noticeable (to me, I’m sure others will see it different). But for $25/set, I think they will be just fine for a flipper.

The thermometers do not fit in the existing hole on the 1, 1000, silver B holes. I have a couple of less than desirable end caps at work that I will experiment with drilling out (hopefully) tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_7726.jpeg
    IMG_7726.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7725.jpeg
    IMG_7725.jpeg
    238.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7727.jpeg
    IMG_7727.jpeg
    391.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Weber history question here:

Does anybody know what stain Weber used on the wood slats? That old-fashioned orangish brown color. I remember seeing it on picnic tables and decks when I was a kid. I feel like that was the only or one of the only options for outdoor wood stain protection.

Or has anybody found a good match?

Never thought I would ask this but I think it's an appropriate finish for a rare restoration kept as original as possible.

@Steve Hoch Your friend worked at Weber when these grills were made? Would he know what stain possibly?

Back