I will just leave this here

If that grill is bought for $500 I would be pretty surprised. It seems the cap on used ones is about that. Some guy had a pretty decent summit posted this summer for $850, the last time I saw it posted it was down to 350.

So I'm looking for a grill for my sister-in-law needs to be small for the upper level of her deck on the back of her house. Lately I've been thinking I will gift her a Q series grill.

Also been kicking around this idea. These two spirit grills are free. One on the left is an excellent condition but missing parts. One on the right is a crapper but has the parts needed to complete the one on the left. What's inside the cook boxes is unknown and I would probably plan on buying grates flav bars and burners. What do you guys think. Is it worth the effort? I haven't decided yet.
Screenshot_20241009_154753_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20241009_154938_OfferUp.jpg

Josh,
On the Spirit I would stay away if the bottom of the cabinet is already started to rust. I got a Spirit 210 for the Ex-wife recently.
I agree.
See in the picture no rust inside.
I'd probably take the cart completely apart and do a good quality paint job to prevent rusting out.
Not sure it's worth my time though.

Check this one out!
Oldie!
Genesis 2
Black knobs
Look at that fuel indicator. I haven't seen one like that.
Original wood? Probably
I haven't locked it down yet but I'm working on it.
It Just posted out on the peninsula near where I got the green one. I should just go door to door there and see who's got one for me.

Screenshot_20241009_164850_Chrome.jpg

Check this one out!
Oldie!
Genesis 2
Black knobs
Look at that fuel indicator. I haven't seen one like that.
Original wood? Probably
I haven't locked it down yet but I'm working on it.
It Just posted out on the peninsula near where I got the green one. I should just go door to door there and see who's got one for me.

View attachment 101511
Yep, I would snap that up for $40. That could even be a first year model by the looks of it.

Josh, I believe that style of fuel indicator was on the earliest Genesis grills. I know Jon Tofte would be able to verify that.

Back