I will just leave this here

Planks, big slats, whatever you want to call them.
I count three unless you mean the slats on the bottom. The real early ones had four slats, two on each side of that bottom bar. They quickly moved to eight slats. four on each side of that bottom bar.

Gerry

Hopefully everything is still savable frame wise, that woild be a cool one to restore
Frame is in phenomenal shape. One of the cleanest I’ve picked up.

I honestly think these early ones were built differently or different materials were used. I picked up one from 96 that hadn’t seen any sun, the end caps were still black, not chalky at all. No fade on a black lid, and all the joints were toast. I also think part of that has to do with who assembled it. Nicks and scratches while joining tubes.

Frame is in phenomenal shape. One of the cleanest I’ve picked up.

I honestly think these early ones were built differently or different materials were used. I picked up one from 96 that hadn’t seen any sun, the end caps were still black, not chalky at all. No fade on a black lid, and all the joints were toast. I also think part of that has to do with who assembled it. Nicks and scratches while joining tubes.

Id try and restore that one Cody. Just need a new wood handle and table slats and the rest is just elbow grease

Back