I will just leave this here

so today I did a thing. Thanks to Bruce, and my non-wifeable-income, my dream girl took its initial shape today. I had to kind of set it all together to really see if what was in my brain the last two years would jive in real life. Only the lid is complete. Nothing is cleaned. The cookbox will also be silver. I will do a thread as I progress. But I’m in love with it. Bottom I am still figuring out. Don’t really want doors. Either a painted silver basket, durawood bottom with painted silver Z bars. Down the road I will order some Dave Santana stuff for it. But here it is, and I’m ecstatic with it! Cheers! 🍻 😍😍

Attachments

• IMG_7570.jpeg
    IMG_7570.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7568.jpeg
    IMG_7568.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 27
I like it! :smilekettle:

My vote is to buy stainless square frame tubing for underneath and then do your silver z-channel and durawood idea.
That’s what I’m leaving most towards. I’m thinking to just build the Z bar right into the tube… but I also like being able to pop them out at bath time. Crumbs and gook build up in then it seems.
Those silver end caps seem right at home with a blue lid on a Platinum! I bet the firebox will too. It looks like something Weber could have offered to match that model.

It needs it's own nickname, not a Blackout Edition but a ???
Graybeard Edition? Grateful Dead Touch of Gray Edition? Silver Bullet Edition?
I like where your head is at. This just confirmed to me that one of the ones I do for sale, I’ll have to get creative with.

so today I did a thing. Thanks to Bruce, and my non-wifeable-income, my dream girl took its initial shape today. I had to kind of set it all together to really see if what was in my brain the last two years would jive in real life. Only the lid is complete. Nothing is cleaned. The cookbox will also be silver. I will do a thread as I progress. But I’m in love with it. Bottom I am still figuring out. Don’t really want doors. Either a painted silver basket, durawood bottom with painted silver Z bars. Down the road I will order some Dave Santana stuff for it. But here it is, and I’m ecstatic with it! Cheers! 🍻 😍😍
That really looks great, silver pops real well. I've been doing silver on the bottoms of q grills recently and really like it

Very nice! Start a restoration thread and finish her up!

Very cool looking. It deserves a more sleek wheel style of some sort.
I also like where your head is at, it will get a nice wheel treatment… whether custom inserts in a whitewall style wheel, or something totally different

I was looking at the new style of wheel, with either silver/gray outer with blue cap, or vice versa.

Eric, that is simply staining from lack of maint and cleaning. It'll clean right up.

Cody, nice start there. My tastes are not really down with "silver". I get not wanting black, but perhaps an elegant gray off set perhaps a little to the darker side of shades. In my own tastes I prefer that subtle offset of shades rather than stark all one way or the other.
But hey, it's yours and you want to put your mark on it. I get it. Just injecting a slightly different angle on it for you.
Also maybe so good 4" or 5" casters on all 4 legs. I've never been a fan of "wagon wheel" design. I like that slightly more "industrial" edge

Back