I will just leave this here

Yah, if you can get one local, that is the way to go, but really, that grill should not sell for more that $25.
Exactly my point. Nobody's going to buy it. This will work in my favor and for everything I want off it it will make no difference if it's in mint condition or in the condition it's in now.

I would pay $100 just for the lid but to get all these extra parts with it is a bonus. Right swing table slide assembly is rare and hard to find also. I was happy to pay good $ for the last one I bought. I'd be happy to have another.

I can easily repurpose these parts on one of my 1000s which is more desirable to me.

Last edited:
Yah, if that grill had a black lid, you could comfortably sit on it until the buyer was willing to push it to the curb since it doesn't have that key component you value and if you lost out on it, no big deal. But if you were to wait too long on the gray lid, there is a possibility someone else my snap it up just before you commit to buying it. If the lid alone is worth $100 to you, then go get it. I hope that the lid turns out to be in prime shape too.

You're absolutely right Bruce. Doesn't seem I have competition here when it comes to picking up these old grills but it only takes one person and this is a lot farther north than I normally deal.

Good luck today Bruce I hope everything turns out perfectly

I will probably hit it with a pressure washer to start with....Maybe just hook it up to the gas line to make sure it works ok first. Then I will get it cleaned up a bit and see what needs to be done to put it into serviceable working condition and go from there.

I will probably hit it with a pressure washer to start with....Maybe just hook it up to the gas line to make sure it works ok first. Then I will get it cleaned up a bit and see what needs to be done to put it into serviceable working condition and go from there.
How did it go today?

So one of the lids I've been looking for that's at the top of my list just came up on a Genesis 3000 for sale. Lucky for me it's not a popular lid color. Probably at least 1 1/2 hour drive. The grill that its on is not in great condition. Rusty but lots of great parts on there including right swing table with slide assembly and all of the Z metal and wood tables. It is overpriced to no doubt at $175 but if I can get it for $100 or less I think I would be very happy. And probably quite a bit cheaper than I could purchase and ship the one Bruce has. Even though I know his is immaculate and this one looks like it could be but there's no guarantees.
View attachment 100179
If possible without showing too much interest, you might want a picture of the back of the lid. I recently saw an otherwise good looking 2000 maroon that the back edge of the lid had chipped and was heavily rusted. Just a thought before you make that trip.

Too dirty to tell for sure.
Screenshot_20240916_162904_Chrome.jpg
I have cleaned up a few similar to this that came out very nice but that doesn't mean this one will.

How did it go today?
I got it back. I took a detour to view the Horicon Marsh Refuge on the way back. Something I had an inkling to do since I was a teenager. It was good to do but a bit anticlimactic. I expected to be able to see more without having to hike miles and it is still 2-3 weeks before the fall migration gets in swing. But, I knocked it off my bucket list after almost 50 years. LOL

It does have the start of rust in the usual places with these cabinet grills. However, it is not real bad. Nothing structural. I have yet to hit it with a pressure washer. I did get it hooked up to the gas line and as the add said, the side burner didn't light. I could light it with a lighter though. Found out the side burner igniter has a separate battery from the main burners. It was empty and looked totally never used. I put in a battery "Click, click click"....she fired right off. Then I tried the knob lights.....No go. Dam. I checked the wiring and it all looked hooked up fine. But one of the wires was melted a bit from touching the fire box.....why doesn't weber do something to prevent this. Anyway, after a little more inspection, I remembered the Summit I rehabbed last year had lighted knobs and it had a big battery pack. Sure enough, back behind the burner battery was another battery pack. Of course that was empty and looked never used. I popped three "D" cells in that and bang, lights on the knobs. So, it seems everything works on it, but it was just a neglected and somewhat abused grill. Nothing terrible, I could cook on it right now as is. Burners, flavo bars and grates are all SS and in good usable shape. In the next day or two, I hope to hit it with the pressure washer and clean out the inside of the cabinet to fully assess the rust issue. Then I will make a plan for what I will do with it and in turn, how I will deal with fixing it up. If I keep it, which is where I am leaning, I will still have to remedite the rust, but I won't spit shine everything else. If I want to rehab and flip, it will require a conversion to LP and a more thorough cleaning and rehabbing.
Aside from the cabinet and its propensity to rust, I am really warming up to these newer grills. And I kinda like the bells and whistles as long as they work. That being said, my Genesis Frankengrill will be around way longer than this one.
For a Genesis II LX S-240 (NG) at $25, I got a steal. Anyone know what these cost new?

A couple photos showing the rust mostly in the corners. The rest of the grill looks OK in that regard. There was a green tarp rolled up sitting on it when I got there. I think that was their idea of a grill cover. They didn't deserve a nice grill.

1726530170855.jpeg

1726530210902.jpeg

Back