I will just leave this here

It's great at removing grease and grime from porcelain surfaces. Grill lids, control panels, stainless steel, even the top part of my kitchen stove.
But don't put it on painted surfaces it will eat right through
Good looking out on avoiding painted surfaces! I have used easy off on cook boxes for the initial soak. But that stuff gets expensive. Figured 3 bottles for $10 was worth a try.

Simple Green works great for me. Not too expensive and I've been using it for various applications since before I was a teenager. I should just get a 55 gallon drum of it

Simple Green works great for me. Not too expensive and I've been using it for various applications since before I was a teenager. I should just get a 55 gallon drum of it
The Member's Mark blows SG outta the water. SG has it's place. I.E. I use it in my Ultrasonic cleaner for mixer parts and for my guns amongst other things

No, those are technically "throw aways". I work on the home to Commercial line of KitchenAid brand machines. They're bult well and still made here in the USA. Sadly too many times I get the leftovers of what happens after an owner has watched a YouTube video, then because they don't have the proper tools (good snap ring pliers, electronic tachometer, good spring hooks with good reach, good basic hand tools and basic mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills,) and says "oh I can do that". Then I get the email or phone call "can you fix this?" And I get a machine with parts missing, broken, totally out of whack, etc. So far, I've not had one I can't fix LOL. Recently I've had a few that IMO were just not worth the $$$ to repair because the amount of $$$ involved in parts did not equate to a value for them. But those are pretty rare.

No, those are technically "throw aways". I work on the home to Commercial line of KitchenAid brand machines. They're bult well and still made here in the USA. Sadly too many times I get the leftovers of what happens after an owner has watched a YouTube video, then because they don't have the proper tools (good snap ring pliers, electronic tachometer, good spring hooks with good reach, good basic hand tools and basic mechanical and electrical knowledge and skills,) and says "oh I can do that". Then I get the email or phone call "can you fix this?" And I get a machine with parts missing, broken, totally out of whack, etc. So far, I've not had one I can't fix LOL. Recently I've had a few that IMO were just not worth the $$$ to repair because the amount of $$$ involved in parts did not equate to a value for them. But those are pretty rare.
Oh okay. I have just been curious every time it comes up that you work on mixers to what exactly they were.

Yeah, the KitchenAid line is still built exactly like they were when they were introduced by Hobart WAY back around 1932. And built to hold up and be serviced like any quality piece of machinery. But, like any piece of machinery, maintained by proper techs. Some of the older ones now are getting impossible to repair though. In 1975/76 Hobart began switching the speed control from a plain resistor to help regulate volts/speed in conjunction with a flyweight governor to an SSR (or as they began calling them) "Solid State" and began using qualifiers in the model names like K45SS as opposed to K45 or K4. They simply added the "SS" to signify the change.
The earlier machines were designed to run on AC or DC. Because way back then, many homes were using DC voltage. Especially on farms

So one of the lids I've been looking for that's at the top of my list just came up on a Genesis 3000 for sale. Lucky for me it's not a popular lid color. Probably at least 1 1/2 hour drive. The grill that its on is not in great condition. Rusty but lots of great parts on there including right swing table with slide assembly and all of the Z metal and wood tables. It is overpriced to no doubt at $175 but if I can get it for $100 or less I think I would be very happy. And probably quite a bit cheaper than I could purchase and ship the one Bruce has. Even though I know his is immaculate and this one looks like it could be but there's no guarantees.
View attachment 100178
That thing looks pretty sad

So one of the lids I've been looking for that's at the top of my list just came up on a Genesis 3000 for sale. Lucky for me it's not a popular lid color. Probably at least 1 1/2 hour drive. The grill that its on is not in great condition. Rusty but lots of great parts on there including right swing table with slide assembly and all of the Z metal and wood tables. It is overpriced to no doubt at $175 but if I can get it for $100 or less I think I would be very happy. And probably quite a bit cheaper than I could purchase and ship the one Bruce has. Even though I know his is immaculate and this one looks like it could be but there's no guarantees.
Screenshot_20240916_054409_Chrome.jpg

Back