I will just leave this here

If you are a rehabber, it would be a kind of cool trademark to do the badge a little different to kind of mark your rehabs. Then it would be awesome to unexpectedly come across one a few years later with your marked badge on it.
That’s a good thought. I actually started one that I blocked all of the casting marks out of the sides of that are painted, so not only the top (flat) surfaces are the brushed/finished look. I’m going to start a thread about the badges.

Does anyone know about these Performer knock offs? Actually, they look pretty nice, but too much formed sheet steel IMO. Some pretty serious CI grates on them which is a significant difference from a Performer.
Has anyone used one? How do they compare to a Performer, both on performance and quality?

I gotta be honest. Frankly I think they're EXCELLENT value. Better than a performer? IDK. It depends on how you would define better or equal to. But I've looked at these in person with VERY close scrutiny. And I was impressed.

I kinda think that it would be maybe a step down from a Weber Performer, but at that price a much better value.

I kinda think that it would be maybe a step down from a Weber Performer, but at that price a much better value.
I've looked closely at both and IMO I don't believe it's a step down. It's a different step but certainly not a "bad" one. Really go see one in person. But, I know many feel "if it ain't weber it's garbage" and that's fine. But I've caught a lot of flak over choosing a MM pellet grill, but I've had it 3 years now and other than that bad solder joint on the control board it's been rock solid performer (sorry for the name copy). Absolutely 0 trouble. Nothing more involved than a quick vacuum out of ash, clean the probe, and let it do what it does. Plus when I have had to call with questions or when I had the PCB issue, I had FAST US based support by actual English speakers not over seas. Honestly except for not having WIFI and being a little "tight" inside. No complaints at all about it

I am not even interested in a coal burner, but it does look nice. I guess I would be most concerned with how long it would take for the rust to get a hold of that formed sheet steel.

Don't need gas now, for some reason I now dislike eggs, and have not eaten candy for many years. Especially now having been diagnosed Type 2 Diabetic. But yeah, I get it. Incredible deal. And for as little as I'd use one, would be everything I needed

Back