I will just leave this here

I don't know a lot of Napoleon grills, but the Rogue looks like the Spirit version of Napoleon.
I don't know a ton about them either. On paper the warranty looks better than weber. Lifetime warranty on stainless steel burners, and 15 years on their equivalent of flavorizer bars. But who know how they are at actually sending replacement parts.

I don't know a whole lot about them either. Seems that Napoleon is probably the most comparable brand to Weber in market position. They have some strong points that Weber comes up short on, but I also think Weber's better grills have some things that I like better. I once cooked on a really nice built-in Napoleon. It was certainly a very fine grill.

Not sure if I’m the only one that just loves cleaning up the logo plates or if the fact that they’re not exactly finely milled across the top.

Well this afternoon it hit me. Hard block + 80 grit + vice = smooth. Had to head home so didn’t get as far as I wanted but got more (than just this) work done tonight.

Attachments

• IMG_7491.jpeg
    IMG_7491.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 13
Not sure if I’m the only one that just loves cleaning up the logo plates or if the fact that they’re not exactly finely milled across the top.

Well this afternoon it hit me. Hard block + 80 grit + vice = smooth. Had to head home so didn’t get as far as I wanted but got more (than just this) work done tonight.
Good idea, but aren't you going to repaint it first?

Good idea, but aren't you going to repaint it first?

So it was a thought that kind of came to me on a whim. However I like having it smoothed out, then I blast and paint it. It sounds weird, but the finished product looks nicer. And now that it’s level, a few swipes across with a sanding block and it’ll look great.

And last time I did the blasting and painting prior, I ended up somehow marking up the couple day old paint. I have since stuck that one on the tailgate of my van.

Back